Interferon Gamma-1b Therapy for Advanced Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Interferon Gamma-1b Therapy for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: Is the Cart Before the Horse? Meyer, Keith C. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Sep2003, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p1073
Editorials. Focuses on the clinical trial of interferon gamma-1b therapy for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). Histopathology of IPF; Improvement of host defense against infection; Patient survival; Drug safety.
- A Preliminary Study of Long-Term Treatment with Interferon Gamma-1b and Low-Dose Prednisolone in Patients with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Ziesche, Rolf; Hofbauer, Elisabeth; Wittmann, Karin; Petkov, Ventzislav; Block, Lutz-Henning // New England Journal of Medicine;10/21/99, Vol. 341 Issue 17, p1264
Background: Patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis have progressive scarring of the lung and usually die within four to five years after symptoms develop. Treatment with oral glucocorticoids is often ineffective. We conducted an open, randomized trial of treatment with a combination of...
- Interferon Gamma Versus Colchicine for IPF. Gibb, Tamara // Pulmonary Reviews;Nov2006, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p11
The article discusses research being done on the effectiveness of interferon gamma and colchicine in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It references a study by Demosthenes Bourus and colleagues, published in the 2006 issue of the "European Respiratory Journal." The methodology of...
- Peginterferon-Î±-2a. // Reactions Weekly;Jul2015, Vol. 1559 Issue 1, p138
An abstract of the article "Interstitial pneumonitis after treatment for hepatitis C virus infection," by V. Botnaru and colleagues is presented.
- Introduction of DNA enzyme for Egr-1 into tubulointerstitial fibroblasts by electroporation reduced interstitial Î±-smooth muscle actin expression and fibrosis in unilateral ureteral obstruction (UUO) rats. Nakamura, T.; Isaka, Y.; Tsujie, M.; Rupprecht, H.D.; Akagi, Y.; Ueda, N.; Imai, E.; Hori, M. // Gene Therapy;4/15/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p495
Reports that the introduction of DNA enzyme for Egr-1 into tubulointerstitial fibroblasts by electroporation reduced interstitial alpha-smooth muscle actin expression and fibrosis in unilateral ureteral obstruction rats. Myofibroblasts; Northern blot analysis; Therapeutic strategy for...
- Inside Lab Invest. // Laboratory Investigation (00236837);Aug2011, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p1120
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the sensitization of cholangiocarcinoma cells to chemotherapy through the inhibition of autophagy, the efficacy of hydrogen sulfide in the treatment of psoriasis, and the promotion of...
- Correction: Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis With Ambrisentan. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/6/2014, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p658
A correction to the article "Treatment of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis With Ambrisentan" that was published in a 2013 issue is presented.
- Updated International Guidelines for IPF. // AARC Times;Oct2015, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p66
The article informs that the American Thoracic Society, the European Respiratory Society, the Japanese Respiratory Society and the Latin American Thoracic Association have published updated guidelines on treating idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF).
- Punk rocker's lung: pulmonary fibrosis in a drug snorting fire-eater. Buchanan, D.R.; Lamb, D.; Seaton, A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/19/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6307, p1661
Reports a case of a patient with pulmonary fibrosis in a drug snorting fire-eater in Great Britain. Identification of bilateral small nodular and irregular infiltrates in the lungs; Application of a needle biopsy specimen; Cause of fibrosis.