Four macro skills in the primary LOTE class
- Quick Tip. // Administrative Professional Today;Feb2012, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p2
The article informs that that there is no specific style of learning and teaching methods can be intermixed, adapted from the article "Think You're An Auditory or Visual Learner? Scientists Say It's Unlikely," by radio jockey Patti Neighmond.
- Los docentes y las estrategias reflexivas imprescindibles para el cambio en el proceso de enseÃ±anza-aprendizaje. Rodrigo, Marta López; Vila, Gemma Cardó; Moreno Poyato, Antonio R. // Revista de Docencia Universitaria;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p147
In the 2002-03 academic year, L'Escola Superior d'Infermeria del Mar (Nursing University School) implemented "Practicum," a core curriculum designed to facilitate the acquisition of nursing skills from clinical settings. The paradigm shift in the teaching-learning process is based on two...
- Challenging the Notion of Learning Styles. // Teaching Professor;Jan2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p5
The article presents a reference for a research article that disputes the fundamental assumption that students with a designated learning style learn more when instructional methods match their style. It identifies areas of differences that exist between learners such as their ability to learn...
- Cohesion: Inter and Intra Sentence Errors. Gregg, Noel // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Jun/Jul1986, Vol. 19 Issue 6
Studies a cohesive scale to aid teachers in identifying specific types of textual cohesions difficult for a student in order that appropriate instructional objectives can be established. Types to cohesive ties; Cohesive scale of written language.
- The Kinesthetic Approach to Teaching: Building a Foundation for Learning. Grant, Marie // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Oct1985, Vol. 18 Issue 8
Compares the kinesthetic approach to teaching with conventional auditory-visual instruction. Importance of the student's active, physical participation in the success of kinesthetic approach to teaching; Impact of experiencing instruction through the kinesthetic approach on the base of learning...
- The enduring appeal of 'learning styles'. Scott, Catherine // Australian Journal of Education (ACER Press);Apr2010, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p5
Individualism is the dominant value system in Western cultures and, as such, it affects the conduct of every aspect of human endeavour, including education. One of the most enduring effects on education has been the search for individual differences that can explain and predict variation in...
- Forming Universal Learning Actions of School Students in Project Based Learning. Pasichnik, I. V. // Contemporary Higher Education: Innovative Aspects / Sovremennaia;Jul2012, Issue 3, p114
Project activities of students are viewed as co-operative learning, cognition and creative activities that has common objective, coordinated methods and is targeted to the realization of school student creative potential and forming universal learning skills.
- La competencia de trabajo en grupo: una propuesta de actividad y de evaluaciÃ³n. Gómez-Ruiz, Laura María; Naranjo-Gil, David // Revista de Docencia Universitaria;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p193
The new European High Education Area has changed the traditional teaching methods. Students should be trained in specific skills to their degree and their subjects, but also in transversal or generic skills. These activities include the individual's personal skills, and among them the ability to...
- The I-search: Guiding students toward relevant research. Zorfass, Judith; Copel, Harriet // Educational Leadership;Sep95, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p48
Presents a framework for guiding students toward relevant research. Adapting a four-step process; Choice of a motivating theme; Design of a set of hands-on, experimental and immersion activities; Importance of raising questions; Gathering of information from several sources; Risks and rewards.