Web of Progress
- Speaking the Same Language. Bergman, Mark // Buildings;Apr2003, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the use of open, standard protocols to reduce costs in building management and construction. Significance of the building automation system (BAS); Features and mechanism of open, standard protocols; Factors that enhance BAS performance. INSET: Why Choice is Important.
- PROINSO se adjudica el suministro de la mayor planta solar fotovoltaica de BÃ©lgica de 3 MW de potencia. // Directivos ConstrucciÃ³n;Nov2009, Issue 227, p80
No abstract available.
- Unitronics abre una nueva lÃnea de negocio para la gestiÃ³n global de edificios. // Directivos ConstrucciÃ³n;Nov2009, Issue 227, p80
No abstract available.
- The Evolution of the Smart Building. Eby, Michael // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;2/18/2016, p1
The article focuses on commercial building designs including use of information technology during operation to connect subsystems for optimizing performance of smart buildings, installation of video surveillance and fire detection systems in office buildings.
- Control Systems Arrive in the 21st Century. Hoffman, Terry // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2003 Supplement, Vol. 42, p78
Discusses the evolution of building systems since the 1950s. Development of computerized building automation systems; Communication links between automation systems; Integration of information technology to building automation systems.
- Open BAS Assists Cost Cutting. Bernstein, Ron // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/22/2008, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on the significance of open Building Automation System (BAS) in cost cutting. Accordingly, it is commonly recommended for information technology (IT) department's use for the control system of the entire building. In addition, the cost will downslope but its maintainability...
- MANAGING More With Less. Herman, Juliet Pagliaro; Papadopoulos, Dimitri // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p44
The article discusses the features and uses of building automation systems (BAS). According to the author, a BAS integrates building equipment and systems using an information technology-based infrastructure to collect information, logically organize it, and deliver it where and when it is...
- This month on HPAC.com. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2011, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p4
The article offers information on the Optimum Buildings Conference from September 21-23, 2011 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
- OBIX Interoperability Picture Becomes Clearer at BuilConn. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;May2004, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on Open Building Information Exchange (OBEX) Committee, a group dedicated to developing an information technology (IT) standard for building automation in the United States. Use of the standard to guide the relationship between building automation and IT network; Second annual BuilConn...