Specification Writing: a Productivity Tool
- Information portal goes real time. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Oct2004, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p34
Features GE Fanuc Automation's Proficy real-time portal 2.1 software. Specifciations; Capabilities; Applications.
- DCS/PLC System simultaneously upgrades plant, cuts costs. // Control Engineering;Mar98, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p17
Discusses the use of Moore Products' APACS and Wonderware's InTouch computer software by Engelhard Corp. engineers. Product use; Key features; Hardware requirements; Benefits offered by APACS and InTouch.
- InfinityQS Releases Web Based Software for SPC. // Quality Progress;Jun2006, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p76
The article reviews the eSPC Web-based software for statistical process control from InfinityQS International.
- Flowsheet design enhanced. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Mar2006, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p29
The article introduces Invensys Process Systems' SimSci-Esscor unit's version 7.1 of PRO/II, a flowsheeting and optimization simulation tool. The benefits offered by the version 7.1 include enhanced lifecycle modeling, improved productivity and support for open standards. The software also...
- Object-oriented HMI system. Coates, Tracy J. // Control Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p60
Provides information about human-machine interface (HMI), a software package used in automation projects. Function of HMI; Categories of HMI; Implementation of graphics configuration; Access information.
- Think & Do Studio arrives. Mintchell, Gary A. // Control Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p12
Evaluates the Think & Do Studio automation software, which combines control and information technology with Microsoft Visio 2000 and delivers built-in enterprise connectivity and productivity analysis capabilities. Benefits offered by the software; Product capabilities; Price.
- A Matlab toolbox for teaching modern system identification methods for industrial process control. Burn, Kevin; Maerte, Loïc; Cox, Chris // International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education;Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p352
Many complex processes can be successfully controlled using two- or three-term (PI or PID) controllers. However, the task of selecting individual controller gains (tuning) can be time consuming and expensive. An important aspect of tuning is the determination of a mathematical model that...
- Hazards equal trips or alarms or both. Timms, Clive // Process Safety & Environmental Protection: Transactions of the I;Jan2009, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p3
Anyone who has been involved in the application of IEC 61508 and IEC 61511 by undertaking the Safety Integrity Level (SIL) determination for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) will appreciate the amount of effort and tenacity that is required to undertake the task. SIL determination of Safety...
- THE SYNTHESIS PROCEDURE OF THE AUTOMATIC PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEM OF PRODUCTION OF OPTICAL PREFORMS BY MODIFIED CHEMICAL VAPOR DEPOSITION. Solovyeva, M. G.; Rumyancev, Y. D. // In the World of Scientific Discoveries / V Mire Nauchnykh Otkryt;2013, Issue 46.1, p133
The development of any system of automatic control is associated with the synthesis. In this paper the synthesis procedure of the automatic process control of production of optical preforms by modified chemical vapor deposition is described. Synthesis of the system is produced by the software...