21st-Century HVAC Controls: Progress and Paradox
- AIR REGULATORS. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Dec2012, Vol. 65 Issue 12, pS2
The article informs about pressure reducing valves for air regulation. It is informed that a system pressure should be selected to perform a task and then air should be supplied at constant pressure to actuator. It also offers information on various types of regulators. It is informed that...
- Actuators designed for rotary-valve applications. // Mining Engineering;Dec2005, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p55
The article evaluates the Limitorque Actuation Systems L75 series of electric valve actuators from Flowserve and offers information on its features and specifications.
- Control Valve. Butz, Jerry // Flow Control;Nov2015, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p32
The article offers information for process control engineers when it comes to the requirements for control valve actuator bench set. It provides an overview of the automatic control valves as well as the importance of the control valve actuator bench set in the industry. Other information such...
- Development and application of a laterally driven electromagnetic microactuator. Ko, Jong Soo; Lee, Myung Lae; Lee, Dae-Sik; Choi, Chang Auck; Tae Kim, Youn // Applied Physics Letters;7/15/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p547
A laterally driven electromagnetic microactuator (LaDEM) is introduced, and a micro-optical switch is designed and fabricated as an application. LaDEM offers parallel movement of the microactuator to the silicon substrate surface (in-plane mode). Polysilicon-on-insulator wafers and a reactive...
- Micro-actuators. // Manufacturers' Monthly;Apr2006, p36
The article evaluates Duff Norton's micro-miniature actuators which are distributed in Australia by Duff Norton Sales Australia and provides information on the products' hand control knob and dial indicators.
- SMA ACTUATORS. // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p46
Focuses on actuators in the form of shape memory alloys discovered by physicist Arne Olander in 1932. Features; Capabilities.
- Digital valve positioner market to triple worldwide by 2005, says study. // Control Engineering;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p22
Informs that the worldwide digital valve positioner market will almost triple by 2005, according to a study by the ARC Advisory Group. Consequence of growth of products with open digital communication capabilities; Study entitled `Control Valve Worldwide Outlook'.
- Select and size control valves properly to save money. Harrold // Control Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p55
Part II. Discusses how selecting and sizing control valves properly can save money. Analysis of the control valves in a pulp and paper mill; Problems affecting control valves; Actions for improving control valve performance. INSETS: Understanding actuator and control valve bench...
- Sensors Expo visits Detroit. Mintchell, Gary A. // Control Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on products unveiled at the semiannual Sensors Expo held in Detroit, Michigan, from September 19 to 21, 2000. Advantech Automation's ADAM-4550 direct-sequence spread spectrum radio modem; National Instruments' SCXI 1520 strain gauge module; On Semiconductor's low-cost...