An Owner's Perspective
- Efficiency of Event-Based Sampling According to Error Energy Criterion. Miskowicz, Marek // Sensors (14248220);2010, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p2242
The paper belongs to the studies that deal with the effectiveness of the particular event-based sampling scheme compared to the conventional periodic sampling as a reference. In the present study, the event-based sampling according to a constant energy of sampling error is analyzed. This...
- Making BAS Accessible -- But Protected From Cyberattack. Ehrlich, Paul // Engineered Systems;Apr2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p22
The article discusses data protection from cyber attacks while making building automation systems (BAS) accessible. Internal protection can be achieved with the use of a VLAN within an enterprise network or with a protected, dedicated controls network. BAS solutions these days can be readily...
- Control Systems Arrive in the 21st Century. Hoffman, Terry // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2003 Supplement, Vol. 42, p78
Discusses the evolution of building systems since the 1950s. Development of computerized building automation systems; Communication links between automation systems; Integration of information technology to building automation systems.
- Reliability Test and Analysis of Electrical Automation Control Equipment. LI Ming // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 556-562, p2233
Improve the reliability of electrical automation control equipment is hot issues manufacturer and user have been focused on, therefore, the relevant measures must be taken to strengthen the reliability of the electrical automation control equipment. This paper discusses on the reliability test...
- Design and Implementation on Workflow Based Mobile Office Automation. Qian Zhang; Qing-Qing Zhang; Yun-Ze Wang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 556-562, p6119
OA (Office Automation, OA) has been developed rapidly in the 1970s and introduced into China. In the 1990s, it has entered the high-speed development stage. With the rapid development of mobile internet technology, it will be a trend to apply such a high-tech to office automation. Meantime,...
- Discovery of Time Series Event Patterns based on Time Constraints from Textual Data. Sakurai, Shigeaki; Ueno, Ken; Orihara, Ryohei // International Journal of Computational Intelligence;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p144
This paper proposes a method that discovers time series event patterns from textual data with time information. The patterns are composed of sequences of events and each event is extracted from the textual data, where an event is characteristic content included in the textual data such as a...
- Is automation automatically a good thing? Derrett, Nigel // Personal & Ubiquitous Computing;Mar2006, Vol. 10 Issue 2/3, p56
This paper is a response to Bill Sharpeâ€™s keynote speech at 2AD. It discusses when automation in appliances and computer programs is good and when it is bad. It also proposes the use of speech recognition technology as a way to program agents.
- Approaches for Categorization of Reusable Software Components. Sandhu, Parvinder Singh; Singh, Janpreet; Singh, Hardeep // Journal of Computer Science;2007, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p266
Reuse repositories manager manages the reusable software components in different categories and needs to find the category of reusable software components. In this paper, we have used different pure and hybrid approaches to find the domain relevancy of the component to a particular domain....
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;11/12/2003, Issue 2123, p22
Industrial automation specialist Rexroth Corp. has brought all its service activities together in one business unit. The Service Automation unit will provide support for hydraulics, electric drives and controls, linear motion and assembly technologies, and pneumatics.