The State of LonWorks
- Clara Network. // Network Dictionary;2007, p101
An encyclopedia entry for "Clara Network" is presented. It refers to a network connecting many of Latin America's academic computer networks. The Latin American Cooperation of Advanced Networks (Clara) organization is responsible for the implementation and management of a network infrastructure...
- Plug Those Data Leaks. Sonja Carberry // Investors Business Daily;2/10/2014, pA04
Securing information is an all-hands-on-deck issue. Expert advice on shoring up corporate defense:
- KMWorld & Intranets 2004 is set. // KM World;Sep2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
The article presents the program and schedule for a conference and exposition related to knowledge management, intranets and portals. The conference will take place at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California from October 26, 2004 to October 28, 2004. The conference will be...
- HART device description enhancements increase value of DDL technology for industry users worldwide. // Control Solutions International;Nov2003, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p12
Provides information on the new Device Description Language technology enhancements and programs underway at the HARTÂ® Communication Foundation, as of November 2003. Features of the technology; Benefits of the technology; Development of a new DD Integrated Development Environment by the...
- Event Detection Point. // Network Dictionary;2007, p183
A definition of the term "Event Detection Point" is presented. It refers to a term in Intelligent Network (IN) that is dynamically armed detection point. The two modes of Event Detection Point are Event Detection Point-Notification (EDP-N) and Event Detection Point-Request (EDP-R). Event...
- Global Area Network. // Network Dictionary;2007, p214
A definition of the term "Global Area Network" is presented. It refers to a network which is composed of different interconnected computer networks and covers an unlimited geographical area.
- Rootkit. // Network Dictionary;2007, p418
A definition of the term "Rootkit" is presented. It refers to a collection of tools or programs used by a hacker to mask intrusion and obtain administrator-level access to a computer or computer network.
- Your Entire Computer--At Home. Weber, Peter // Association Management;Mar2004, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p59
Introduces the virtual private network (VPN) used by successful associations to maintain fast and reliable communication with their office computer networks. Functions of the VPN; Benefits of using VPN; Significance of the VPN for associations and institutions.
- The EEVL Engineering Web Gateway Celebrates Awards, Enhances Web Site. // Computers in Libraries;Apr2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p24
Reports the announcement of engineering information gateway EEVL that it has become the WWW Virtual Library for Engineering. Award of accreditation from Enterprise Zone; Addition of an Aerospace and Defense Engineering section; Other added features.