Tough Choices on Horizon
- Entrada rolls out multifaceted IP storage router. Connor, Deni // Network World;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p26
Focuses on Entrada Networks' introduction of its Silverline router that will let companies bridge storage-area networks over wide area networks to replicate data or transport storage natively over Internet Protocol. Access for multiple transport methods; Support for Fibre Channel over IP.
- 3COM UPS THE ANTE. Musich, Paula // eWeek;1/29/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p16
The article offers information on a new Open Service Networking (OSN) initiative to be launched by 3Com Corp. on January 29, 2007. To integrate its offerings into 3Com switches and routers through the new OSN platform, the Marlboro, Massachusetts company has created the 3Com Open Network partner...
- Efficient testing optimizes data centers. Oliver, Carol Everett // Communications News;Sep2001, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p64
Examines the performance of data centers in outsourcing networking of information. Efficacy of cabling infrastructure; Reliability testing on fiber and horizontal cabling; Cost-effectivity; Performance level.
- Synchronized regular expressions. Della Penna, Giuseppe; Intrigila, Benedetto; Tronci, Enrico; Venturini Zilli, Marisa // Acta Informatica;Jan2003, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p31
Text manipulation is one of the most common tasks for everyone using a computer. The increasing number of textual information in electronic format that every computer user collects everyday also increases the need of more powerful tools to interact with texts. Indeed, much work has been done to...
- What's the Market Worth? Barnes, Scottie // Geospatial Solutions;Jul2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p10
Explores the importance of valuing the geospatial marketplace in the U.S. Contributions of geospatial technologies to the world; Definition of geospatial industry; Outcomes of Representative Adam H. Putnam's 'Geospatial Information: A Progress Report on Improving Our Nation's Map-Related Data...
- INTRODUCTION: INFORMATION IDEOLOGY. Berry, John // Library Journal;9/15/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p1731
Focuses on the emergence of information technology. Need for an understanding of the effect of fees and subsidies on the use of information and information services; Caution in the use of machines that store and release data.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. Sawyer, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/05/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 9, p19
Presents developments related to information technology in the United States. Creation of a federally funded Website to host a dialog about improving seismic analysis procedures; Introduction of the USA Millennium Mosaic, geographic data provider; Application of integration broker to bring data...
- ELECTRONIC-RECORD STORAGE CHECKLIST. Zanger, Larry M.; Oei, Lorijean G.; Trubow, George // IEEE Software;Jul94, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p102
Discusses the legal and policy aspects of information technology use and development. Elements that must be incorporated into an electronic records-storage system; Retention procedures; Description of data security and integrity; Significance of documentation.
- For those idling on the information superhighway, cyberphobia is easy to treat. O'Connell, Robert E. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p18
Presents tips on how to enjoy the information superhighway and treat cyberphobia. Realizing others in the business; Learning one skill at a time; Developing self-confidence; Asking for assistance; Exploration; Number of white-collar cyberphobic workers according to a Gallup study.