- Don't bet your house on Flanagan caving in. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;4/29/2005, Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on the business activities of Andrew Flanagan, chief of the media company SMG. SMG, having evolved from its historical roots as a purely regional media owner, is a serious national multimedia business in Great Britain. And, he will add, contrary to sniping about the worth of...
- SMG hit by right move at wrong time. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);12/5/2007, p20
The article reports on issues concerning the company SMG. It is informed that when Rob Woodward took the responsibilities as the chief executive of SMG, he made a series of moves to reduce debt. The SMG management decided to raise money from the shareholders to pay off some of the debt and raise...
- Trevor Evans named as chief executive for W&H. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p2
Reports on the appointment of Trevor Evans as chief executive officer of Hillsdown's Walker & Homer furniture division.
- Simpson hangs on to ...46m cash pile. // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p5
Reports that Great Britain-based Silentnight chief executive officer Bill Simpson has confirmed that the furniture company is no rush to spend its cash pile from acquisitions.
- McKinnon steps down. // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p4
Reports the resignation of Bob McKinnon, president and chief executive officer of Circa 1801 and Doblin Fabrics in the United States.
- Vitafoam names Lucas CEO. // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p4
Reports the selection of Bill Lucas as president and chief executive officer of the North American Cellular Foam Products division of Vitafoam.
- 25 who made a difference. // Furniture/Today;Sep2001 Supplement, Vol. 26, p66
Profiles chief executives in the furniture industry and trade of the United States. Accomplishments of Russ Abolt of International Sleep Products Association; Background of Britt Beemer from America's Research Group; Career development of V.M. Cleveland from Tupelo Furniture Market.
- New appointments at SMG. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2011, Issue 5743, p4
The article announces personnel changes at the company SMG, including promotion of Chris Moffat from chief executive officer (CEO) to Executive Chairman, and appointment of Mike Symonds as the head of group operations.
- DeRusha's legacy: Growth, problems. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p10
Focuses on the legacy of chief executive officer (CEO) Bill DeRusha at Heilig-Meyers, a furniture company in Richmond, Virginia. Appointment as CEO of the company in 1984; Contributions to the financial performance of the company; Accounts on acquisitions headed by DeRusha; Description of the...