Is the pricing right?
- Diversity drives youth bedroom. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p8
Reports the addition of youth furniture gallery at Furnitureland South in North Carolina. Arrangement and sectioning of the gallery; Availability of wooden toy bin and Noah's Ark table and chairs; Use of cottage stylings and medium oak finish.
- Northern chain Conroys moves south as southern chain Furnitureland moves north. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p4
Reports on the expansion efforts of British furniture retail firms Furnitureland and Conroys. Opening of Furnitureland's 18th outlet on the Trafford Retail Park in Manchester, England; Opening of five Conroys branches in Yorkshire in 1998.
- Prime time. Vines, Lucy // Cabinet Maker;10/16/98, Issue 5110, p18
Details how Furnitureland's fifth concept superstore in Leicester, England illustrates the company's approach of quality sites with rents to match. Setting targets; Key to success; Reasons for the slow expansion of the company.
- Retailers to shape up on discount practices. // Cabinet Maker;8/22/2003, Issue 5352, p3
Reports on the call for the retailers to update procedures on discounting in Great Britain. Changes in the interpretation of the 1988 DTI Code of Practice on pricing; Prosecution of Furnitureland South Inc. for breaches of the Consumer Protection Act on pricing; Fine given to Furnitureland.
- Tax ruling favors Furnitureland South. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p4
Reports that the Maryland Court of Appeals has dismissed a case filed by the state comptroller that sought to force local furniture company Furnitureland South to collect use taxes on home furnishings they delivered to consumers in the state. Details regarding the litigation at issue;...
- FLS completes expansion. // Furniture/Today;8/11/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p16
The article reports that Furnitureland South Inc. has finished a $15 million expansion of its distribution facility in Jamestown, North Carolina. The expansion almost doubled the size of the center to 475,000 square feet. The renovated facility is climate controlled and consists of more room for...
- Pa. House names Younkman. // Furniture/Today;12/12/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p4
The article reports on the employment of Christine Younkman as the creative director for retail giant Furnitureland South Inc. to design its showroom and in-store galleries in Jamestown, North Carolina.
- Furnitureland South takes space past 1 million sq. ft. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the launching of branch store by Furnitureland South in High Point, North Carolina. Expansion of the boutique displays; Facilitation of extensive presentation of furniture; Assessment of the brand strategy.
- Furnitureland South upgrades Natuzzi gallery. Gunin, Joon // Furniture/Today;Nov2004 Supplement, Vol. 29, p9
The article reports that Italian upholstery company Natuzzi has rolled out its updated gallery concept at top 100 store Furnitureland South Inc., combining its urban, casual and vintage lifestyle themes for "a total-look solution." Furnitureland South, which installed a Natuzzi gallery two years...