Come on in, the shop's cool
- Researchers slam "wasteful" stores. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the claim by the business price comparison firm Make It Cheaper that a big number of retailers in London, England are wasting money by leaving their shops' doors open and allowing cool air from air conditioning units to escape.
- Room Air Rout: Sun Isn't Shining On A/C Sellers. Meyer, Tedra // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/23/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p4
Reports the sales of room air conditioning in New York, New York. Disappointments of retailers, buying groups and distributors on the performance of sectors; Announcement on the closure of factory and termination of workers of Fedders; Decrease demand of air conditioning supply.
- Hot Sales of Cool Machines. // Discount Store News;8/9/99, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p23
Examines the factors that influence the distribution strategy of manufacturers of room air conditioning in the United States. Trend in consumer consumption; Comments from Tom Kelly, manager at Fedders company; Issue on retail prices.
- MANIFEST DESTINY. Preville, Cherie R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/25/2001, Vol. 213 Issue 8, p33
Reports on economic opportunities for United States contractors in 1938 of installing air conditioning equipment in small retail stores and restaurants. Role in boosting sales; Saturation of the market for movie theaters and large buildings and factories; Results of a survey of people wanting...
- YOUR 2013 BARGAIN CALENDAR. Warnick, Melody // Redbook;Jan2013, Vol. 220 Issue 1, p84
The article lists several consumer products that are affordable in each month of the year 2013 including air conditioners, furniture and chocolates.
- ACs, Cash Flow and You. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/27/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p10
The article reports that the cool summer resulted in disappointing sales season for room air conditioners (ACs). ACs were used as incremental sales, and savvy CE vendors knew that if retailers had room air sales during the summer that they would have cash available for late season electronics...
- A lip-cracking idea. // Cabinet Maker;1/27/2006, Issue 5473, p6
The article reports on the remedy made by exhibitors at "The Furniture Show" to the sale air circulating around NEC's barn in Great Britain. There was a problem in the airconditioning of the building.
- Contractors, Carrier, And Sears. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/26/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 4, p25
Comments on the agreement between retail giant, Sears PLC and the heating, ventilation and air conditioning company, Carrier Corp. Benefits of the companies from the agreement; Implications for marketing and selling; Terms of the agreement. INSET: Sears HVAC Timeline.
- Increasing Energy Efficiency. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p86
The article deals with the industrial cost and energy savings that can be accrued by chain retailers through the automation of lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and other building systems, according to industry experts. The net profit-margins of retailers can be boosted by...