Is this Big Brother?
- Virginia's Green Front readies N.C. store. // Furniture/Today;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p28
Reports the opening of a Green Front Furniture retail store in Raleigh, North Carolina. Location of the store at the intersection of Capitol Boulevard and the Interstate 440 Beltway; Dimensions of the showroom; Movement of merchandise as prime purpose of the branch out.
- Consistent Assortment Provision and Service Provision in a Retail Environment. Krishnan, Trichy; Koelemeijer, Kitty; Rao, Ram // Marketing Science;Winter2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p54
In a recent article, Broniarczyk et al. (1998) report an interesting finding that the availability of consumers' most preferred alternative in an assortment positively influences their perceptions of assortment size. This finding points to the impact of a hitherto unexplored retail strategic...
- Games and fortune. Valentine, Matthew // In-Store;Jan2009, p22
The article discusses the growth of in-store sales of computer games and its impact on music and video sales. One factor behind the trend is the increased acceptance of games by various consumers, including women and older people. Mainstream entertainment retailer HMV has given more in-store...
- All Starbucks to close -- but just three hours. // Inside Tucson Business;2/18/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p3
The article reports that all 7,100 Starbucks Corp.'s coffee shops will close at 5:30 p.m. on February 26, 2008, to organize a nationwide education event designed to energize and transform the customer experience. Stores that are normally open at night will reopen at 8:30 p.m. The company has not...
- The worst of times ... or the best of times? Epp, Loreen // Furniture/Today;3/7/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p29
Focuses on the maker-retailer-consumer chain in the furniture industry in the U.S. Importance of building a retail brand ahead of time; Impact of competitive pressure on a company's profitability; Strategies used by retailers to keep up with tight competition.
- Pennsylvania's Interiors revamps name and store. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the restructuring of Retailer Interiors 2000 in Pennsylvania. Expansion of the furniture retail store; Increase of the selling space; Enhancement of the competitive edge.
- Another Elephant for Bath. // Cabinet Maker;5/10/2002, Issue 5286, p2
Announces the plan of Elephant Furniture to open a retail shop in the Bath town center in England.
- Bricks and clicks own brand. // Cabinet Maker;9/9/2005, Issue 5455, p5
Reports on the plans of contemporary furniture retailer Dwell to launch upholstery, bedroom and dining cabinet and lighting collections in London, England. Assessment of the business model; Establishment of a transactional web site.
- Don't come to blows . . . Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2004, Issue 5401, p18
Focuses on the concept of complaint management in a furniture store setting. Accounts on the matter of furniture delivery; Comparison between the level of animosity and the placement of guilt; Effect of having an angry customer in a store on the retail environment. INSET: Consumers' rights.