OFT to rule on mail order takeover
- Deal could spell catalogue demise. Grant, Alex // Printing World;6/2/2003, Vol. 282 Issue 8, p2
Reports on printer company Littlewoods' purchase of the home shopping arm of Great Universal Stores (GUS). Implications of Littlewoods' success of its takeover of GUS's catalog business; Reason for the consolidation of the companies; Plans to merge the companies' lists and catalog brands,...
- OFT ruling ends Wiseman deal. Shirley, Andrew; Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;10/28/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 18, p29
This article reports on the withdrawal made by Robert Wiseman Dairies from a deal to buy the fresh milk business of Scottish Milk Dairies. The move follows a decision by the British Office of Fair Trading to refer the acquisition to the Competition Commission because of concerns it could push up...
- Competitive edge. Gibson-Bolton, Elaine; Horrocks, Antonia // Estates Gazette;3/12/2005, Issue 510, p146
Focuses on the effect of competition law on property deals and rules on merger rules in Great Britain. Background on several laws on property agreements; Regulation of mergers and acquisitions by the Enterprise Act 2002; Authority of the British Office of Fair Trading on property deals.
- MAKING WAVES FOR MEGA MERGERS. Barnes, Paul // Accountancy;Oct86, Vol. 98 Issue 1118, p22
Discusses the consolidation and merger activities in Great Britain in 1985. Move of political parties of examining their policies as a result of the increase in number of mergers; Discussion of legal ramifications of the merger activities; Role of the Office of Fair Trading and the Secretary of...
- OFT to complete Iress/Avelo review next month. Norman, Tessa // Money Marketing (Online Edition);1/16/2014, p14
The article reports that review of the 210 million pounds acquisition of Avelo by Iress will be completed by Great Britain Office of Fair Trading in February 2014.
- Avelo acquisition review to complete. Norman, Tessa // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);1/22/2014, p18
The article offers updates on the British Office of Fair Trading's (OFT) review of the September 2013 acquisition of mortgage sourcing system Avelo by financial service software provider Iress as of January 22, 2014.
- New watchdog zeroes in on Interserve deal. DAVIES, GRAEME // FM World;4/24/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the goal of Great Britain Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) to focus on issues in the facilities management sector as the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) had called for evidence about the support services firm Interserve PLC's proposed acquisition of Rentokil Initial PLC.
- U.K. Eyes Pay-for-Delay Deals. // Chain Drug Review;5/20/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p70
The article reports on the accusation of Great Britain Office of Fair Trading (OFT) against pharmaceutical firm GlaxoSmithKline for the alleged pay-for-delay deals with its generic competitors, including Alpharma Ltd., to delay the launches of their own versions of antidepressant drug Seroxat.
- Merger on ice as Competition Commission probe begins. Masson, Gordon // Music Week;6/20/2009, Issue 24, p10
The article focuses on postponement of the proposed merger between Live Nation Inc, and Ticketmaster Entertainment Inc. due to the referral of the deal to Competition Commission. It notes that the deal was referred to the commission by Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and in other countries to...