Bonding Program for Rail Looking Unlikely, Lobbyists Say
- House near consolidated health bill. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/25/96, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the approval of a health insurance reform bill by the House Ways and Means and Commerce Committees. When bill will be voted on; Description of bill; Concerns of insurers about the proposal for Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWA).
- Who Gets Ways & Means? Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/23/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31001, p1
Reports on the possible replacement for Representative Bill Archer as chairman of the United States House Ways and Means Committee. Effects of the change on the municipal bond market; Treatment of public finance issues.
- Ways and Means Chair Proposes Axing AMT. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p1
The article reports that House Ways and Means Committee chairman Charles Rangel proposed a legislation to terminate the individual alternative minimum tax (AMT), which he termed as the mother of all tax reform bills in the U.S. The legislation includes a one-year AMT relief measure for the 2007...
- Ways and Means to Vote on AMT Relief Bill. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32746, p5
The article reports on the voting of U.S. House Ways and Means over the Temporary Tax Relief Act of 2007. The legislation would mend the alternative minimum tax and extend for one year the qualified zone academy bond program, special rules for veterans mortgage bonds, and the deduction for state...
- Cutting regulatory red tape. // AHA News;4/7/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p4
Editorial. Comments on the approval of the Medicare Contracting and Regulatory Reform Act by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee in April 2003 which is another step toward reducing red tape in the Medicare program.
- Pension reform bill. // AHA News;7/28/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the passage of the amended version of the Pension Preservation and Savings Expansion Act by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee. Goal of the pension reform bill; Original version of the bill; Information on the 30-year U.S. Treasury bonds.
- Chronology of Action Taken by Congress on Pending Tariff Bill. // Congressional Digest;Mar1932, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p71
Following various conferences by Democratic leaders of the U.S. House and Senate, Representative J.W. Collier, who is chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means, introduced in the House a bill H.R. 6662, providing for changes in the administrative features of the existing tariff laws and...
- Should Congress Pass New Tariff Measure? CON. // Congressional Digest;Mar1932, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p73
A legislative bill named H.R. 6662 was reported by the U.S. House Committee on Ways and Means, however, all Republican members voted in the negative. According to them, this legislation is not necessary, nor required by business or other interests of the country, rather it is a political...
- House Looks At Fringe Benefits. Harkavy, Jon; Aronstein, Haren R. // Risk Management (00355593);Dec83, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p8
This article reports on the approval of a bill by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee, as of December 1983, which would establish permanent rules to govern the types of fringe benefits that are not taxable to the employee. The bill would not affect benefits which are classified non-taxable...