Funding Oregon's Pensions
- W. Va. Governor Asks Court to Exempt $4B Pension Deal From Referendum. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31136, p5
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Bob Wise in the West Virginia Supreme Court to exempt taxable general obligation pension bond deal from referendum. Refunds of pension liabilities of the state retirement funds; Decision on the suit for interest rate; Revision of pension bond deal by Wise...
- Early and Often. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p31
Reports on the state of early voting activities for three bond referendums in Bexar County, Texas. Total amount of votes; Deadline for the conduct of early voting; General obligation bond proposal for the fast-growing North East School District.
- Houston Bond Referendum May Include Refunding Debt. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31181, p44
Reports that Houston, Texas Mayor Lee Brown is considering increasing the authorization amount of a November 2001 bond referendum. Suggestion about the possibility of allowing more debt to be issued without raising taxes; Refunding sale; Additional bond proceeds.
- Bond Questions Find Stout Support at Polls. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p1
Reports on the approval of 84 percent of multi-billion dollars in bond initiatives according to results of 30 bond referendums in Dallas, Texas. Approval of several improvement projects with approval of the bond initiatives; Authorities that participated in approval of the bond initiatives.
- Opportunity seen in vote on Quebec. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;10/2/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p14
Reports on the opportunity for bonds purchasing in Canada emerging before October 1995's referendum on Quebec's secession. Grim repercussions of a secession vote; Key issues for bond investors on Quebec's independence; Comments from Canadian companies' officials.
- Broncos fans try to drum up support for stadium election. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p43
Reports that supporters of the Denver Broncos football team are planning to start circulating a petition on June 26, 1998 calling for a referendum on a new stadium in Denver, Colorado. Asking of voters to approve $260 million of revenue bonds to help pay for the stadium's construction; Need for...
- Election Results. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p22
Presents election results of bond measures in the United States. Approved measures; Amount; Plans for the proceeds; Defeated proposals.
- Bond Ballot Shaping Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/16/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33566, p9
The article reports on the election on a bond referendum in Travis County, Texas.
- School Gets Self-Help Fix. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;8/22/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33569, p7
The article reports on the alternative used by employees of Upper Township after voters denied a proposed 9.5 million dollars bond referendum to fix middle and primary schools in New Jersey in 2011.