Profiting Today by Planning for Tomorrow's Succession
- Following the Leader. DRZAL-HOUGHTON, KRISHNA // BusinessWest;10/8/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p15
The article discusses the significance of an effective succession planning on the success of a business. The development of policies that will enable a gradual transfer of power to prevent conflict is regarded as the first step in succession planning. It suggests to consider the reasons a firm...
- PLANNING for SUCCESSION. Moskal, William // Baseline;Oct2008, Issue 89, p12
The article discusses topics related to planning of succession for different organizations and companies. It states that the boomers in business have to be succeeded by new generations and as a result, some of corporate policies and practices need to be revised to reflect both the different...
- PART I. CHAPTER 4: COMPETENCY IDENTIFICATION AND VALUES CLARIFICATION: KEYS TO SUCCESSION PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT. Rothwell, William J. // Effective Succession Planning;2005, p82
Chapter 4 of the book "Effective Succession Planning" is presented. It stresses the importance of competencies and values for an effective succession planning and management program (SP&M). It explained the meaning of competency and values how these can be used in SP&M. An interview guide to...
- Who's Minding the Store? Sharry, Jack // On Wall Street;Nov2005, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p77
Focuses on the roles of financial advisers in succession planning. Percentage of business owners in the U.S. who do not have a business succession plan; Reasons behind the failure of business owners to create succession plan; Factors to consider in succession planning.
- the succession question. Voyles, Bennett // On Wall Street;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p58
Discusses the role of financial planners in the business succession planning process. Characteristics of financial advisers critical to succession planning; Challenges faced by financial advisers with succession planning; Factors to consider in succession planning.
- Maximizing Results for You and your Clients. Adolf, Rudy // Accounting Today;10/16/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 19, Special section p24
This article offers advice on succession planning for financial advisors. A lot of business owners believe that, at some stage, they will be able to arrange for their key employees to buy them out, guaranteeing continuity of management, client service and employment. Yet this is usually a faulty...
- CA Names New CEO. VIZARD, MICHAEL; BURKE, STEVEN; CAMPBELL, SCOTT; Neel, Dan // CRN;11/29/2004, Issue 1123, p3
Presents an interview with John Swainson, new president and CEO of Computer Associates International, regarding his plan to expand the channel's role in the go-to-market strategy of the company. Focus of the plan of Swainson; Approach that will be used by Swainson; Employment background of...
- Lack of Succession Planning Threatens the Future of Many Banks. Blackwell, Tom // Illinois Banker;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the need to develop new products and revenue sources for a succession plan for the banking industry to address the effects of regulatory reform, technology change and market movements. It is mentioned that reviewing the current situation, focusing on an analysis of the...
- Growing Leaders. Bernthal, Paul; Wellins, Rich // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
Presents guidelines for succession planning. Alignment of leader success profiles with business needs; Identification of leadership skills; Tips for designing and implementing development programs.