New Era, New Partners
- VP quits Oracle for Veritas CEO post. Lelii, Sonia R. // eWeek;11/27/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p17
Reports on the resignation of Gary Bloom from the vice president position at Oracle Corp. to accept an offer to become the chief executive officer at Veritas Software Corp. Reaction of Oracle Corp. to the resignation; Administrative plans for Veritas.
- Slow sales may thwart software stock rally. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p28
Reports the implications of the rally in software stocks in the United States. Percentage rise of the Bloomberg U.S. Software Index; Impact of the September 11 terrorist attack on the computer industry; Financial status of Oracle Corp., Veritas Software Corp. and Broadvision Inc.
- Trio targets back-end integration. McCright, John S. // eWeek;05/29/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p39
Focuses on the collaboration among Oracle Corp., Sun Microsystems Inc. and Veritas Software Corp. to provide tested electronic commerce configurations and products. Competitiveness of the trio's efforts with Microsoft Corp. and IBM; Inclusion of joint consulting services in the initiative.
- Digest. // PC Week;09/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p93
Presents a roundup of information technology news as of September 1999. Oracle Corp.'s Sales Analyzer application; Veritas Software Corp.'s software upgrades; Software modules from Sederta Inc.; Transition Networks' management technologies for its line of media conversion products.
- Understand supplier motives and prepare contracts to protect your IT after a merger. Vowler, Julia // Computer Weekly;2/15/2005, p24
This article reports that the software industry has been in the grip of merger mania over the past few months. Recent multibillion-pound deals include Oracle Corp.'s acquisition of enterprise software rival PeopleSoft Inc. and security specialist Symantec Corp. taking over storage company...
- IT In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/1/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 9, p15
Presents news briefs related to high technology industries as of March 1, 2004. PeopleSoft Inc.'s efforts to obtain shareholder support against Oracle Corp.'s takeover bid; PeopleSoft's plans to release the Buyer Workspace component of the PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne Supplier Relationship...
- Firms aim to balance grid. McCright, John S.; Fonseca, Brian // eWeek;2/16/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
With the holy grail of utility or grid computing as their quest, Oracle Corp., International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) and Veritas Software Corp. are each working on technologies tied to their respective platforms that automate load balancing management-a key milestone in the journey....
- Off the Shelf. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;04/03/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p40
Provides update on the distribution transaction in electronic industries as of April 3, 2000. Expansion of the distribution agreement between Xicor Inc. and Avnet Inc.; Presentation of Arrow Electronics Incorporated's Paul Katz at the 2000 Supply Chain World North America conference;...
- IN BRIEF. // Computer Weekly;12/9/2003, p18
The article presents developments related to the computer industry in Great Britain. Veritas Corp. has developed storage area network integration and management software for Cisco's MDS 9000 Series of SAN switches. Gartner has predicted further consolidation in public key infrastructures...