Life Gets Tougher For Smallest Fry
- The declining January effect: evidences from the U.S. equity markets. Gu, Anthony Yanxiang // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Summer2003, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p395
The January effect exhibits a pronounced declining trend for both large and small firm stock indices since 1988 and the effect is disappearing for the Russell indices. The declining trend is also evident in the Dow 30, since 1930. While the trend is upward for the Dow 30 and the S&P 500 for the...
- A better year for thinking small. // Accountancy;Feb1993, Vol. 111 Issue 1194, p65
Reports on Credit Suisse Asset Management's study which revealed an increase in investors' interest in small company stocks in Great Britain. Factors contributing to the recovery of small firms; Risks involved in investing in small companies.
- The Managers Fund Launches Equity Fund. Willcox, Kathleen // Investment Management Weekly;06/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 24, p8
Reports that, on June 19, 2000, the Managers Fund launched the Managers Small Company Fund, a diversified core small cap equity fund.
- Small and sweet. Roberts, Craig // BRW;8/14/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p56
Examines the performance of small businesses in the Australian stock market. Factors that contributed to the stock market success of the companies; Correlation of small stocks with local economic conditions; Industries that posted the most impressive growth in small-cap stocks; Small companies...
- FiNet Seeks to Retain Nasdaq Status. // National Mortgage News;02/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p19
Informs on United States-based FiNet.com Inc.'s announcement of a reverse stock split, in efforts to put the company back in compliance with the listing requirements of the Nasdaq SmallCap Market.
- The secret world of IPOs. Mamis, Robert A. // Inc.;Jun97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p60
Presents a guide to small-company public offerings. Concept of the rollup, an instant-revenue strategy; Review of the initial public offerings in 1996; The withdrawal of company offerings after failing to get sponsorship within their hoped-for price range.
- The Small Growth Trap. Rekenthaler, John // Money;Aug2001, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p40A
Focuses on mutual funds that invest in small, fast-growing companies. Problems with the volatility of mutual funds and securities for such companies; Why people tend to buy small growth funds when they are overpriced; How to take advantage of small growth fund price momentum; When to buy small...
- Time to Rethink Small-Cap Stocks? England, Robert Stowe // Financial-planning.com;12/18/2014, p9
The article discusses the concept of small-capitalization stocks for the businesses in the U.S. It sates that the small-capitalization companies have expected a high growth rate in the biotech, cloud and social media spaces. It also cites the use of several price-earnings metrics to assess the...
- FEATHERSTONE: SMALL BUT WELL FORMED. Featherstone, Tony // BRW;10/9/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p70
The article evaluates the valuation risk for some industrial and finance stocks. According to the author, valuations of some higher-quality small companies are the most attractive in years despite its tendency to fall off the agenda of market struggle. Small company experts naming their best...