VCs Look for Money; Investors May Balk
- Venture Money Continues to Pour In. // SCOR Report;May2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Reveals an increase of venture money in the United States during the first quarter of 2001 according to the report of the National Venture Capital Association. Total average of venture capital in 2001 first-quarter; Comparison with the 2000 performance; Contributory factors to the increase.
- Venture capital deals. Primack, Dan // Fortune.com;10/25/2013, p1
News briefs on venture capital and venture capital company investments are presented including the financing of mobile application device developer Football App by Union Square Ventures, the financing of computer software company Integrate by venture capital and the financing of the location...
- ACT raises year's largest European technology fund. Dudley, Dominic // New Media Age;2/6/2003, p8
Reports on the venture capital fund raised by ACT Venture Capital in Europe in 2002. Amount of the fund raised; Target investments of the company; Plan of ACT for the money.
- CAPITAL SHAKEOUT. Prince, C.J. // Entrepreneur;Jan2001, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p33
Reports on the decline in venture capital investing in early-stage companies in 2000, according to a survey from the National Venture Capital Association. Comments from Miles Spencer, president of MoneyHunt Properties; Amount professional capital firms raised in the first half of 2000.
- VCs Shunned; Investors Want Buyouts. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p12
Reports that institutional investors and limited partners have shifted their focus from venture capital to middle market buyout funds in the U.S. Middle-market buyout activities; Financial losses of investors.
- New Deal Offered Businesses. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on venture capital initiatives of the federal government in New Zealand. Enterprise Awards Scheme; Criteria for Regional Partnerships Programme; Two components of the Investment Ready Scheme.
- Trying and painful. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;2/22/2002, p17
Comments on the entrepreneurial spirit of the venture capital investments in South Africa. Problems with venture capital investments; Emphasis on the market performance of venture capital investment; Decline of the assets and product roll-outs.
- Hospitals examining for-profit investments. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the efforts of New York City hospitals to boost revenue by examining for-profit investments. Possible venture capital investments; Medicare rules.
- Venture capital investment broke records in 1996. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 18 Issue 105, p28
Focuses on the increase in venture capital investment in the United States in 1996. Factors contributing to the investment increase; Shares in venture capital funding by states; Percentage of venture capital investment in companies per industry.
- Venture capital investment: Emerging force in the Southeast. PARKER, EDGAR; PARKER, PHILLIP TODD // Economic Review (07321813);1998 4th Quarter, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p36
Examines the history, structure and evolution of the national venture capital industry. Definition of venture capital investment; Potential conflicts of interests between general and limited partners; Common characteristics of venture capital projects; Conclusions.