Two BofA Execs Leave in Scandal
- B of A Hiring as it Fires in Investment Unit . Boraks, David // American Banker;12/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 239, p20
Reports on investment banking company Bank of America Corp.'s plans for expansion of its investment banking ranks by appointing employees of firms that are downsizing employees. Elimination of jobs in other areas of corporate and investment banking division.
- Europe's HY Battle Continues for Firms. Clouse, Carol J. // Bank Loan Report;10/16/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p3
Focuses on the battle for high yield junk bond market among investment banks in Europe. Status of the junk bond market; Information on the dispute in Bank of America; Possibilities for movement across asset classes.
- B of A Said in the Market For an Investment Bank. Boraks, David // American Banker;3/19/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 53, p32
Speculates the investment banking business of Bank of America Corp. in the U.S. Denial of the company regarding planned acquisitions; Influence of the size and stable market valuation of the firm; Growth in the stock price of the company.
- B of A Names Capital Unit Chief for Europe . WEIL, DAN // American Banker;10/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 193, p5
Reports on the appointment of Jay R. Allen to head a financial sponsors group of Bank of America in London, England. Bank of America's efforts to expand its investment banking operations in Europe; Highlights of Allen's career in investment banking; Range of services provided by financial...
- Playing to Its Strengths, B of A Gets a Following. Boraks, David // American Banker;12/3/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 230, p9
Reports the corporate and investment banking strategy of the Bank of America Corp. in the United States. Emphasis on customer relationships and profitability; Investment of banking resources; Generation of profits.
- B of A to Cut 75 More Positions in Asia. Boraks, David // American Banker;6/19/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 117, p24
Announces the reorganization of the Asian corporate and investment banking operations of the Bank of America Corp. Plan of the company to help companies raise debt; Management of working capital; Exclusion of the reorganization the operations in Japan.
- Putting Axe Aside, B of A On a Forex Hiring Spree . Boraks, David // American Banker;4/29/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 81, p2
Reports the changes in the corporate and investment bank unit of Bank of America Corp. following the dismissal of employees in the U.S. Recruitment of foreign exchange traders and salespeople from competitors; Participation of David S. Fallick to manage commercial-mortgage-backed securities;...
- BofA Combining Banking Teams. French, Jeff // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/8/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the move of Bank of America Corp. to combine its commercial banking group with its large-company investment banking business in the U.S. Significance of the consolidation to the bank; Possibility for the bank to offer a broader array of the bank's products; Benefits of bank clients...
- B of A to Revamp Markets Group; Two Execs Leaving . Boraks, David // American Banker;2/12/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 29, p2
Reports that the global corporate and investment banking division of Bank of America Corp. has dismissed Duncan E. Goldie-Morrison and Stephan P. Vermut as part of the company's reorganization. Purpose of the company behind their ouster; Dismissal of employees by the company; Hiring of experts...