Columbia, S.C., Issuing $67M for Hotel, Though Some Are Wary
- Ohio BABs Have That New-Hotel Smell. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/20/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33252, p1
The article reports on the use of the 160 million U.S. dollars of lease backed taxable Build America Bonds (BAB) by Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority on the construction of the Hilton hotel in downtown Columbus, Ohio. The new Columbus Hilton Downtown has backed the double-A rated...
- Omaha's New Mayor Breaks With Old Plan, Selects Hilton as City's Hotel of Choice. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31183, p6
Reports the proposal of Mayor Mike Fahey to select Hilton Hotels as the operator of its convention center and arena project in Omaha, Nebraska. Agreement of former mayor Hal Daub with the Marriott hotels; Organization of a poll in the City Council regarding the issue; Terms of the agreement...
- Westin thrives as group destination. // Inside Tucson Business;10/13/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p6
Features the foothills resort Westin La Paloma in Tucson, Arizona. Catering to larger associations and corporate groups; Service offerings; Servicing of the convention market of Westin Hotels; Renovations in the surroundings of the resort. INSETS: Westin La Paloma;Westard Look.
- SITEFILES: THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES. Carstens, Kay // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Nov2008, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p65
The article offers news briefs related to convention venues in the U.S. The Embassy Suites Hotel Baltimore North has reopened on January 2008, three months after the 29-foot-by-60-foot glass skylight tumbled into the atrium. Harrah's Resort Atlantic City opened a new tower that includes 191...
- Moody's Next on Hotel Deal. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32303, p31
The article reports on the 302 million dollar in tax-exempt bonds that will be issued by Baltimore, Maryland in a negotiated sale. The proceeds will be used to pay for the city's 752-room convention hotel that will be managed by Hilton Hotels. The rating of the bonds will be given by Moody's...
- Caribe Hilton launches money-back-guaranteed meeting program. Martinez, Marialba // Caribbean Business;12/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p16
Reports on the launch by Puerto Rico-based Caribe Hilton of its Meeting Guarantee program. Certification of the hotel's event commitments in writing; Reimbursement of any portion that does not run according to meeting planners' specifications; Aim of expanding the hotel's bookings for group and...
- Hotel companies turn focus to conference centers. Rynn, Michael J.; Flynn, Linda Kephart // Hotel & Motel Management;04/17/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 7, p4
Reports on hotel companies' expansion of their conference center operations in the United States as of April 17, 2000. Conference centers' role in the hospitality industry; Hilton Hotels Corp.'s purchase of Promus Hotel Corp.
- Face Lifts. Simon, Elaine // Hotel & Motel Management;2/16/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 11, p23
Reports developments in hotel renovations in the U.S. as of June 2003. Completion of the hotel renovation of Las Vegas Hilton Corp.; Renovation cost for the Marx Hotel and Conference Center; Size of Flamingo Las Vegas meeting space.
- MAGIC Expands Into LV Hilton. Tschorn, Adam // DNR: Daily News Record;10/25/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p8
Reports on the acquisition of the Ballroom Pavilion and Center Facilities at the Las Vegas Hilton for the show on February 14 to 17, 2005. Reason of MAGIC International show for moving from Las Vegas Convention Center to Ballroom Pavilion and Center Facilities; Events that took place in Las...