Four Financial Service Firms Challenge Business License Tax in Kansas City
- TAXATION. // International Law Update;Dec2001, Vol. 7, p187
Focuses on the appeal of United States taxpayer Mazurek on the civil liability for French taxes as investigated by the French Tax Authority. Arguments of Mazurek; Background of the case; Failure of Mazurek to properly verify the controlling case.
- Wrong name won't bar Iowa appeal. // Property Tax Alert;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p5
The article discusses a court case wherein the Iowa Court of Appeals ruled that the naming of an erroneous party in a tax appeal does not void the appeal.
- ALLOWABILITY OF INTEREST EXPENSE. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on the tax case of MacAonghusa v Ringmahon on the allowability of interest expenses incurred by a company in Northern Ireland. Argument of the Revenue Commission and the company; Court decision on the case; Complexity in the allowability of interest expenses.
- INDUCEMENT PAYMENTS. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on the tax case of O'Connell v Kelegan on income tax liability in relation to an inducement payment in Northern Ireland. Decision of the Supreme Court on the case; Reference to the case for decision-making; Application of the taxability of inducement payments.
- MINNESOTA. // Property Tax Alert;Jun2010, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that the Minnesota Court of Appeals in June 2010 dismissed a Minnesota taxpayer's challenge to an assessment on a portion of his dairy farm that was used as a creamery.
- Kingfisher wins Â£145m French tax case. // DIY Week;7/26/2013, Issue 5734, p3
The article announces that B&Q PLC owner Kingfisher has won in a court case in France over a decade-long tax quarrel that is worth Â£145 million.
- EXPORT SALES RELIEF AND MANUFACTURING. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p57
Focuses on the High Court Case of O'Connell v Tara Mines Ltd. in Northern Ireland. Argument on whether the company was entitled to export sales as a manufacturer or mining development allowance as a mining company; Views of the Judge on the decision of the Commissioners.
- 'TRANSACTIONS IN SECURITIES'. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p57
Focuses on the UK Chancery Division case of Inland Revenue Commissioners v Laird Group PLC on whether payment of dividend be regarded as a transaction in securities in Great Britain.
- Texas' Courts and Constitution Fail to Protect Taxpayers. Schlomach, Byron // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);8/23/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p18
The article focuses on issues related to the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by Citizens Lowering Our Unfair Taxes against the State of Texas for not properly implementing the Texas Constitution's expenditure limit. The dismissal means the Texas Tax Relief Act effectively does not exist. If...