Power Line Co. Seeks Liberty Bonds
- Utility Officials Closer to Bond Compromise. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/30/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30860, p32
Reports that top public power and investor-owned utility officials in the United States are expected to reach a compromise on how to treat tax-exempt bonds once the electricity industry opens up for retail competition. Proposed permission for municipal and state utilities to compete.
- $200-Million Investment Pledged for Buried Cable. Irwin, Patricia; Armistead, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/22/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 12, p15
Focuses on plans of Albany, New York-based Conjunction LLC to build a direct current transmission line between Albany and New York City. Disadvantages of overhead transmission line; Justification in terms of cost for constructing a buried line.
- Rural Power Group Backs Off on Proposal Limiting Expansion. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30681, p5
Reports on the withdrawal of a group representing rural electric cooperatives of efforts to pursue legislation that would bar utilities that sell tax-exempt bonds from expanding into rural areas in the United States. Concerns of the group on the effects of the utilities expansion to the...
- House Dems Want to Boost Tax-Exempts for New Public Utilities. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;6/20/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31164, p4
Reports on the plan of a group of House Democrats that would make it easier to finance investor-owned electric utilities in the United States. Proposed removal of the requirement that any tax-exempt bonds issued by a municipality to buy out the local electric facilities of the private utility...
- Utilities Bill barring tax-exempts will resurface. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/21/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30562, p4
Reports on Representative Phil English's plan to reintroduce legislation in the United States Congress that would block municipal electric utilities serving more than 5,000 customers and selling power outside their home territories from issuing tax-exempt debt for generation and transmission...
- Congress, White House optimistic over electricity restructuring plans. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30605, p6
Reports on lawmakers and government officials' claims on the progress of efforts to pass an electricity restructuring bill in the United States. Prospects for the bill in the United States Congress; Provisions on the issuance of tax-exempt bonds by utilities; Restructuring proposal expected to...
- CRISIS? WHAT CRISIS? Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Jun2001, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p6
Comments on resiliency of electrical distributors in the United States. Solutions to industry problems; Competition from home centers; Steady growth of family-owned electrical distributors; 'Datamation' business; Increased public awareness of energy-efficient electrical products.
- Looking for the 250 biggest? // Electrical Wholesaling;Jun2001, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on failure of 'Electrical Wholesaling' magazine to publish list of largest electrical distributors in the United States in its June 2001 issue. Glitches in the data-collection process.
- A systematic overhaul of India's power grid. // Modern Power Systems;Apr2002, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the changes in the electric power industries in India. Effects of the transmission network control systems on generating capacity; Creation of geographic regions to manage the complex transmission network; Establishment of a national load dispatch center to supervise realtime grid.