Cross Seeks Anticipation
- Improving Tax Guidance. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30966, p1
Reports on the plan of the American Bar Association Committee on Tax-Exempt Financing to launch a drive to persuade the United States Internal Revenue Service to overhaul its tax-exempt bond private-letter ruling process. Questions about the legality of innovative bond transactions; Request for...
- ABA Recommends Several Changes to Proposed New Form 990. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/10/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32730, p4
The article reports on the recommendation of the American Bar Association (ABA) that the schedule of the tax-exempt bond in the proposed new Form 990 must be cross-referenced with information returns filed annually in the U.S. The new form, as cited, mandates nonprofit organizations to provide...
- New York Bar Association Presses for Clear Standards on IRS' Section 6700. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p4
Reports on the recommendation of the New York Bar Association concerning the Internal Revenue Service guidance on Section 6700 in the U.S. Application of the uniform rules to bond lawyers regarding the standard of diligence brought to a bond deal; Prevention of abusive bond deals; Confirmation...
- IRS, Treasury Seeking Suggestions for Guidance Plan. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;3/17/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service are seeking recommendations for items that should be on its 2015-2016 priority guidance plan.
- ABA Report Shows One Bond Attorney Unhappy With Appeals. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p5
The article reports on the issues concerning the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) appeals process. According to a survey of the American Bar Association (ABA), tax attorneys are generally satisfied with the fairness of the IRS appeals process, but at least one bond attorney believes appeals...
- Court Upholds Legality of Bond Sale to Renovate Chicago's Soldier Field. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p40
Reports on Illinois Supreme Court's decision to dismiss a lawsuit that challenged legislation permitting the sale of $400 million of tax-exempt bonds. Utilization of the proceeds from the sale; Opinions about the court's decision.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p39
Presents information about short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of June 28, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p40
Presents information about several short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of October 24, 2001.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p40
Presents statistics on short-term tax-exempt securities in the U.S. as of November 02, 2001. Securities for which the data between November 02, 2000 and November 01, 2002 is provided; Estimated rates of the 30-Day commercial paper; Variable-rate demand statistics of Lehman Brothers Money Market...