Five floors high club
- Tom Seely cuts waste, wins honor. Unville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;11/5/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the 'Business Environmental Leadership Award' given to Tom Seely Furniture for waste management from a group of business associations in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia.
- Recycled products featured in office of the future. // In Business;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
Reports that the office furniture used in an office of Waste Management Inc. were made from recycled or reused materials. Proof that there are under utilized markets for recycled materials.
- Talk. Stannard, Nicki; Norman, Tony; Collins, Michael; Collins, Patrick; Hamblin, Kate; Liberman, Toby // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2007, Issue 5544, p8
The article offers various viewpoints from several furniture manufacturers' executives in Great Britain, regarding the difficulty of being environmentally friendly. One executive states that being environmentally friendly is easier for small business since their waste disposal is easier to...
- FURNITURE MANUFACTURER CUTS DOWN WASTE. // In Business;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
Reports the adoption of procedures to reduce waste and to purchase recycled products by Brandrud Furniture company in Auburn, Washington. Company operations; Description of a wheatboard; Comparison between wood products and wheatboard.
- GOOD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p35
The article presents information on junk furniture. An online survey found that it is a good time for junk furniture. The junk experts Jim Kelley and Steve Kelley believe that one get new ideas to explore from this type of furniture. They suggested that one can avoid a backyard full of trash by...
- Positive partnerships. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;6/16/2006, Issue 5492, p11
The article comments that the furniture industry should take the lead on recycling initiatives in Great Britain. The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment directive places the responsibility on manufacturers to dispose of their products safely. Companies are concerned that the collection and...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2008, Issue 5586, p5
The article offers news briefs related to the furniture industry. The World Market Center in Las Vegas, Nevada has moved its winter exhibition dates to February 9-13, 2009. Delegates at The Lean Environment event in Hertfordshire, England were told that the industry can reduce its impact on the...
- Furniture Village hits eco-friendly mark. // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2013, Issue 5847, p8
The article offers information on the environmental-friendly initiative of retail chain Furniture Village wherein it partners with waste management company DS Smith for its zero waste target.
- Trim waste. // Cabinet Maker;5/18/2007, Issue 5538, p28
The article focuses on what Argos and the furniture industry in Great Britain are doing to curb packaging waste generated through upholstery sales. Working with the Waste & Resources Action Program (WRAP), Argos introduced the sofa bag, an envelope of reinforced bubble wrap material with a...