Master of disguise
- Still selling after all these years. Lea, Jane // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p12
Reports on the market for pine furniture. Branded favorites; Increasingly diverse imported cabinet designs; British manufacturers; Imports from Denmark, Eastern Europe, Malaysia and China.
- Manufacturers hit back at claims that `common' pine has lost public favour. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;02/20/98, Issue 5076, p4
Reports on the reaction of British pine furniture manufacturers on an article written in `The Times' newspaper suggesting that the Forestry Commission has switched from growing softwoods to hardwoods due to the declining interest in pine furniture. Comments of designers about pine furniture;...
- This week. // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p6
Cites the financial performances of Durham Pine's furniture store in Stirling, Scotland during the week starting August 1, 1998. Trading across the 56 store chain.
- Westminster Pine name to disappear. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p4
Reports on Westminster Pine's plan to sell its product range under the banner of other companies within the Silentnight group.
- Fabulous night for Durham Pine. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p25
Highlights the annual gala dinner of the furniture company Durham Pine in Great Britain. Presence of the employees and owners of the company in the celebration; Number of prizes presented to manufacturers and franchisers; Enumeration of the winners from the awards night.
- Timeless classic. Shalan // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p12
Focuses on the demand for pine bedroom furniture in Great Britain. Decline in the demand for 1999; Predicted sales of the specialty type furniture by the end of the year; Impact of imports on the pine furniture industry; Retail stores selling the furniture in Great Britain.
- Conway Pine Furniture Beardmore Park. // Cabinet Maker;07/14/2000, Issue 5196, p10
Features the Conway Pine Furniture store in Beardmore Park in Ipswich, England.
- Erskine adds to its repertoire. // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2002, Issue 5291, p4
Reports on addition of products to Woodlands bedroom range of Erskine Pine. Furniture included in the additions; Organization funded by the profits generated by Erskine Pine.
- Durham Pine to roll out new brand. // Cabinet Maker;2/7/2003, Issue 5323, p2
Reports on the launch of the DP Furniture branding of the furniture company Durham Pine in Great Britain. Policy of the company to offer more pine products; Types of furniture offered at the stores; Number of branches to be opened by the company.