Housing market 'holding up'
- Gimme shelter? Not at these high prices. Reed, Robert // Crain's Chicago Business;7/23/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p8
Comments on the exorbitant housing costs in Chicago, Illinois. Price range for nature-brick bungalows; Criticisms on the overpricing of houses; Views of economists on the housing market flow.
- Price declines attributed to tax credit's expiration. // njbiz;8/30/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the expected price declines within the U.S. housing market during the second half of 2010.
- CA, Northeast Continue to See Affordability Challenges. // National Mortgage News;5/13/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p16
Discusses the effect of the increased housing affordability on several markets in the U.S. Decline of interest rates; List of the top ten states in risk of decline in housing prices; Average price for a house.
- Report calls Tucson 2nd worst housing market. Yohem, Roger // Inside Tucson Business;10/7/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p1
The article focuses on the September Home Data Index Report by research firm Clear Capital Ltd. for 2011 which ranks Tucson, Arizona as the second worst performing housing market in the U.S. with a decline of 1.6 percent in average home prices.
- The Real Key to the Recovery. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;7/18/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p3
The article reports on the condition of the housing prices in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2011, which provided further confirmation that the housing market has been larger and faster than the one during the Great Depression.
- UK House Prices decline for third consecutive month. Brennan, Henry // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);8/1/2012, p5
The article reports a 0.7% decline in Great Britain's house price for the fourth time in five months in July 2012 down by 13% relative to the 2007 peak.
- House prices fall for fifth successive quarter. Thomas, Paul // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);11/6/2012, p1
The article focuses on the latest house price index from Halifax, which indicates that house prices dropped for the fifth successive quarter, falling 1.2 per cent in the three months to October 2012.
- Existing-home Prices Rise Again, Sales Down. // Qualified Remodeler;Sep2012, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the continued rise of existing-home prices, however, sales fell down due to the tight supplies of affordable homes that limit first-time buyers, based on the data provided by the National Association of Realtors in the U.S.
- Home Prices Strong in 2012. // Qualified Remodeler;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices which indicated that home prices in the U.S. ended 2012 with strong grains in all three composites.