- Specialist independent to open larger store. // Cabinet Maker;5/3/2013, Issue 5835, p5
The article reports that Shimu, an independent retailer which specialises in Chinese antiques and furnitures relocated to a showroom in Greengates, West Yorkshire and held its grand opening on April 27, 2013.
- DESIGNS FOR LIFE. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2011, Issue 5726, p20
The article features several companies with its home office furniture collections for the trade in Great Britain. It highlights the furniture companies, which provide home office furniture including Amode with its Rolly Retro Walnut Wood Desk, Shimu with its Chinese furniture, and Willis &...
- Sept. orders up 6% over last year. // Furniture/Today;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the increase in U.S. furniture factory orders in September 2003. Comparative improvements in factory orders in September 2002 and 2003; Effects of the increasing orders of furniture on the employment level; Comments of retailers on the business position of furniture sales.
- Hot SOHO category now a staple in San Francisco. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p30
Focuses on increasing demand for small office home office (SOHO) furniture in San Francisco, California. Requirement for factories to increase volume in sales; Trend in designing furnishings from contemporary to traditional styles; Aspiration of furniture retailers to be well-informed on the...
- Why future's still bright for independent retailer. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;08/21/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p36
Discusses how independent retailers can cope with changes sweeping the furniture retailing market in Canada. Benefits and drawbacks of not joining a group or a franchise; Maximization of profits while minimizing costs; Role that independent retailers play in the growth of franchise networks and...
- October market said reflection of industry's strength. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the growth experienced by furniture retailers in the United States in October 2000. Rise in product placements; Factors attributing to such industry growth; Determination of furniture retailers to keep fighting for sales, despite the threats posed by external factors such as rising...
- We welcome back Retail Ideas, so send us yours. Jarrett, Vicky // Furniture/Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p38
Comments on furniture retailing in the U.S. Publication of ideas from retailers; Strategies of Gates Furniture in advertising; Invitation for the submission of retailing ideas.
- Retailers see groups as 'profit enhancers' Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p8
Explores furniture retailers' practice of joining buying groups in the U.S. Benefits of joining buying groups; Profit-enhancing function of buying groups; Use of the Internet as a channel of distribution for furniture.
- Retailers' top 4 reasons for joining buying groups. // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p8
Explores furniture retailers' rationale for joining buying groups in the U.S. Marketing; Networking; Merchandising; Discount and rebates.