M&S homewares stores branch out
- Views. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2006, Issue 5513, p9
The author reflects on the issue of expansion plan of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in its home offer into standalone stores. He said that the news would shock those who would remember the sudden collapse of Marks' home store. He argued that the company still depends on footfall events from clothing...
- M&S Rolls Out Revamp And Redevelopment Schemes In NI. // Checkout;Oct2007, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the major redevelopment works planned by Marks & Spencer (M&S) Group PLC for its store at Showgrounds Retail Park in Omagh, Northern Ireland. The initiative, which is scheduled later in 2007, will include the expansion of the store and will create 30 new jobs for the area....
- M&S might be looking abroad for growth but it still has a marketing job to do in the UK. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/3/2014, p2
The article reports that retailer Marks & Spencer PLC (M&S) plans to open stores selling both its food and clothes ranges in Brussels, Belgium, and Amsterdam, Netherlands. The retailer is also looking for suitable places in Spain and Italy. It is said that the reason for this expansion drive is...
- M&S: taking Simply Food to the next level. // MarketWatch: Food;Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the instructions of M&S to property agents to find appropriate location for its Simply Food Stores in Great Britain. The store is about a size of a supermarket which trading from up to 22,000 square feet which is larger than its other outlets. According to the report, this...
- Marks & Spencer Going Outlet Route. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the plan of retailer Marks & Spencer PLC to open additional store outlets in Great Britain. Annual sales revenues generated by the company's British outlets.
- M&S criticised for slow progress. // Marketing Week;11/9/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p6
Focuses on the slow introduction of concept retail stores by Marks & Spencer PLC according to observers. Revenues reflecting the sluggish pace of concept store introductions.
- M&S to open home furnishing stores. // Cabinet Maker;5/24/2002, Issue 5288, p2
Reports on the opening of home furnishing stores of Marks & Spencer in Great Britain. Percentage of the increase of home sales; Furniture sales accounting; Effects of the closure of the Direct clothing catalogue business on the department store chain.
- Marks & Spencer plans to enter Korea in '96. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/11/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 68, p14
Cites the plans of Marks & Spencer PLC to open its first store in Seoul, South Korea in late 1996. Comments from executive Paul Smith; Preparation of a list of potential franchise partners; Company's stores in other Asian countries.
- M&S Posts 3.9% Rise in Sales. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Marks & Spencer Group plc in the first quarter which ended on July 12, 2003. Increase in sales; General sales.