Positive holiday weekend
- Amazing move to Oxfordshire. // Cabinet Maker;2/27/2004, Issue 5377, p4
Reports on bed and bedroom furniture retailer Amazing Emporium's relocation from London to Oxfordshire, England. Failure of Meyer Wahnich to agree to a lease renewal.
- Aero site bought by Amazing Emporium. // Cabinet Maker;8/9/2002, Issue 5299, p2
Focuses on the acquisition of the furniture company Aero by the Amazing Emporium International in London, England. Business history of the acquired company; Product offering of the Aero; Opening of the contemporary store furniture store.
- Work to start on Stokers' 10th store in Southport. // Cabinet Maker;04/10/98, Issue 5083, p8
Focuses on furniture chain Stokers' plan to open its 10th store in Great Britain. Purchase of a site in the center of Southport.
- Stokers reports steady annual results. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2012, Issue 5803, p6
The article reports that Stokers Ltd., the Southport-based furniture retailer, has reported a relatively steady set of annual figures.
- Stokers makes a large impression in Leeds. // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2003, Issue 5332, p5
Reports on the schedule for the opening of the Christopher Pratts store of the furniture firm Stokers in Leeds, England. Store space; Number of outlets; Company history.
- Views. Kay, Martin // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p9
Provides the author's views on how furniture retailer should manage pre-Christmas rush. Assertion on the need for serious management during the season; Citation of accurate forecasting tools for retailers; Affirmation on the importance of on-time delivery.
- Chester store for Stokers. // Cabinet Maker;6/8/2007, Issue 5541, p4
The article reports on the plan of Stokers to open a store in Chester, England in September 2007. The store will be located on the site of a former Courts store in the area. It will be one of the company's largest furniture stores. The building will be renovated to create a glass and stone look....
- Sales rise at North West independent as it confirms acquisition. // Cabinet Maker;9/18/2015, Issue 5949, p6
The article reports on the increased sales of Great Britain's largest family-run furniture businesses, Stokers, for its latest full-year of trading and mentions the acquisition of furniture store, Lucas Furniture in Aylesbury, England.
- Labor Day sales strong. But retailers still unsure about rest of year. Engel, Clint; Gunin, Joan; Combs, Health E. // Furniture/Today;9/11/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the Labor Day 2006 weekend sales of furniture retailers in the United States. Some retailers credited their sales efforts for the good holiday rather than any economic factors. Several of promotional programs of retailers include no-interest, no-immediate-payment...