Designs on Malaysia
- ACID pushes for Hargreaves recommendations to be implemented. // Cabinet Maker;5/27/2011, Issue 5739, p12
The article reports on the statement from Anti Copying In Design (ACID) that the Hargreaves Review on Intellectual Property will be implemented.
- Why It's So Critical That We Level the Top-Down Organization. Ehin, Charles // Journal for Quality & Participation;May/Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p61
Discusses several guidelines for an organization in order to generate and leverage high sustained levels of intellectual capital. Ineffectiveness of traditional hierarchy in a society; Discussion on tacit and explicit knowledge; Comment on the foundations of hierarchy.
- RAPID SIP Restructure. Ascierto, Jerry // Electronic News;12/20/99, Vol. 45 Issue 51, p30
Reports the restructuring made by the Reusable Application-Specific Intellectual Property Developers (RAPID) in an effort to simplify and unify the world of semiconductor intellectual property. Purpose of the group for creating the Promotion/Communications Group; Responsibilities of the group;...
- Video trade org raps anti-piracy funding in U.K. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/24/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 33, p36
Reports that English trade body British Video Association has expressed disapproval of the government's commitment to fighting intellectual property crime. Arguments given by the association against funding for Trading Standards offices.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation. Grinnell, Max // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Jul2006, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p444
The article profiles the Electronic Frontier Foundation, an organization dedicated to the preservation of the rights and freedoms in the field of digital frontier including blogs and online intellectual property.
- NTA fighting on multiple fronts. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the activities and goals of the National Textile Association in support of the home furnishings textiles industry in the U.S. Flammability regulations for both furniture and home textiles products; Trade issues; Intellectual property rights.
- Patent leaders. // Machine Design;4/4/96, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p122
Reports that a number of international patent applications were received by the International Bureau of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). List of the top 10 countries for receiving these patents.
- EC cracks down on counterfeiting and piracy. Nuthall, Keith // Lawyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the efforts of the European Commission to stop piracy and counterfeiting. Proposal for reforms to the European Union's intellectual property (IP) rights regime; European Union directive particulars; Requirement for member states to criminalize serious infringements of IP rights;...
- Design protection: an ITMA priority. Eger, Jack // Furniture/Today;1/6/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p28
Outlines ways in which the International Textile Manufacturers Association is helping members in the fabric industry address the issue of intellectual property. Educational programs of the association; Discussions on intellectual property at the 2003 Winter Showtime exhibition.