Heatwave hits sales at department stores
- Sales increas at John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;2/7/2003, Issue 5323, p4
Reports on the increase in the sales at the department store chain John Lewis in Great Britain. Increment in the sales of hard furnishings and furniture; Success in fitted kitchens and flatpack furniture; Performance of the store.
- Sir Stuart Hampson. // Director;May2007, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p40
The article offers a look at the accomplishments of Stuart Hampson as chairman of John Lewis Partnership (JLP). Stuart's 14 years in the position provided the refurbishment of the Oxford Street and Sloane Square department stores in Great Britain, the extension of trading hours, the expansion of...
- Furniture demand at JLP eases. // Cabinet Maker;09/15/2000, Issue 5205, p5
Reports on furniture sales at the British department store chain John Lewis during the three months to May 2000.
- John Lewis sales increase bucks industry trend. // Cabinet Maker;09/04/98, Issue 5104, p4
Reports on the increased furniture sales of department store chain John Lewis Partnership in the quarter ended August 8, 1998. Factors for the growth in sales; Performance of key furniture segments.
- Record breaking week. // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p4
The article reports on the increased sales for the John Lewis department store as of December 2005. The department store sells bedroom, dining, lounge, kitchen and garden furniture. While sales in their branches showed a steady and sustained increase in trade compared with 2004.
- JLP sales comeback. // Cabinet Maker;1/16/2004, Issue 5371, p4
Reports on the sales performance of the furniture business of retailer John Lewis Partnership PLC in Great Britain. Performance of the out of town branches of the company; Decline in the sales of its textiles and furniture after Christmas; Sales growth of its stores.
- Profits stall at JLP stores. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p4
Reports the delay in the increase in profits of furniture industry John Lewis despite growth in sales in Great Britain. Amount of sales rise of the industry from 26 department stores; Investment of the company on the online business; Benefits of the sales growth to the employees.
- Rise of the flatpack at John Lewis. // Cabinet Maker;8/16/2002, Issue 5300, p3
Reports on the sales performance of furniture store John Lewis for the first quarter of 2002.
- ANY HOPE FOR JOHN LEWIS? // In-Store Marketing;Mar2002, p17
Reports on the decline in sales and profits posted by John Lewis Partnership in March 2002. Department store sales; Factors which contributed to the decline in sales; Difficulties of operating a successful retail business against price deflation.