PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Ingram online ordering by ISBN. // Library Journal;10/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 17, p1836
Reports that Ingram Book Co. has expanded its systems to allow online ordering by International Standard Book Numbers as well as by Ingram title code in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Ingram holds first book expo. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;11/29/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 48, p27
Reports on Ingram Book Co.'s first Book Expo held in October 1993 at the Smyrna Town Center in Tennessee. Aim of increasing product knowledge in all areas among Ingram's staff; Participation of booksellers and librarians; Plan for Vendor Blitzes.
- Books on demand at lightning print: P.O.D. goes head-to-head with offset. Alexander, George A. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;12/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on Ingram Book Co.'s Lightning Print, a print-on-demand service for book publishers. Two kinds of fees paid by the publisher; Description of the books that Lightning Print makes; Production and prepress equipment; Supporting software; Production process. INSETS: Other book-on-demand...
- Without B&N deal, Ingram will cut service. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p10
Reports that Ingram Book Group will reduce its business and service to retailers if the United States Federal Trade Commission would block its proposed acquisition of Barnes and Noble. Background on the government agency's investigation of the planned merger.
- People in the news... // Book Publishing Report;11/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p8
Reports on news about people in the book industry in the United States recent to November 15, 1999. Appointment of Kelley Meier as vice president of marketing of Ingram Book Group; Hiring of experienced publishers by Fatbrain.com; Changes in upper management team of Time Life Inc.
- Ingram Closes Warehouse. // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p83
Reports that Ingram Book Co. is closing its book distribution center in Denver, Colorado. Reasons behind the decision to close the center according to Michael F. Lovett, Ingram president and chief executive officer; Actions taken by Ingram to improve the customer service of its distribution...
- Ingram aims for easy audio ordering. Kopka, Matt // Publishers Weekly;10/3/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 40, p32
Introduces Ingram Book Co.'s new inventory selection system. Recommended opening store inventory and recommended inventory store expansion systems; Advantages of the recommended inventory program; Remarks from several merchandising managers. INSET: Wholesale audio alternatives..
- Barnes & Noble, Ingram deal scuttled by FTC objections. J.M.; S.Z. // Publishers Weekly;6/7/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 23, p10
Reports on book retailer Barnes & Noble's decision to call off its merger with Ingram Book Group following reports that the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) would block the deal. Duration of the FTC investigation into the deal; Barnes & Noble's revival of its plan to open two new...
- Ingram exits P-O-S business. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/15/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the decision of Ingram Book Co. to turn over all of its sales-polling business and point-of-sale information to BookScan. Reasons for the decision; Agreements with BookScan; BookScan's point-of-sale agreements with other firms.