- First Half Mostly Kind to Leading Publishers; Frontlist in Focus. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the improvement in the financial performance of book publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Harlequin Inc. claims that its revenue grew to $228.2 million and $31.2 million in operating profit from series books sales. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. reported a revenue of...
- Trade Houses Find Better Reception. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 36, p12
The article highlights the 14th annual Beijing International Book Fair held in China in 2007. The price and piracy issues surrounding China did not influence the outcome of the event as depicted in the number of U.S. publishers who attended it. At the event, HarperCollins forged two partnership...
- July Comp Sales Soft at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;8/12/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 32, p135
Reports on the sales performance of book retailer Barnes & Noble in the second quarter ended July 31, 2002. Percentage of increase in sales.
- Top Five Pubs Take Half of Sales. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the total revenue generated by the largest publishers in the U.S. in 2004, according to a study by the Book Industry Study Group. Percentage of all book trade sales generated by the publishers during the year; Amount generated from sales by Random House; Books that helped...
- 'Snicket' Boosts HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the sales of books from HarperCollins in the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Sales of the book "The Grim Grotto"; Sales of books for adults; Total sales at HarperCollins worldwide during the period.
- Strong 4th Quarter Fuels Impressive Year at Harper. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the financial performance of publishing firm, HarperCollins for the year 2002. Increase in operating profit for the fourth quarter of 2002; Authors and books that contributed to strong sales in 2002; Information on the company's plan for 2003.
- BOOK BRIEFS. // Book Publishing Report;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p5
Reports developments related to the book industry in the U.S. as of September 2003. Introduction of paperback imprint for Spring 2004 by HarperCollins; Launch of fourth author series by the Penguin Group; Collaboration between Frederick Warne and Co. and China Children Publishing House.
- Retailing Watch: How the Tide Went Out On Chain Bookstores. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the decline in retail sales among major bookstore chains in the U.S. in 2012. It states that the notable decrease in holiday sales of Barnes & Noble Inc. indicates a negative implication in the book industry in 2013. It mentions that bookstore chain sales percentage dropped...
- Digital the Difference at B&N. // Publishers Weekly;12/6/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 48, p10
The article reports on the sales trends at Barnes & Noble (B&N) during the second quarter ended October 30, 2010. The company predicted that comp sales at B&N.com will rise 75 percent attributed to core products and digital content. According to B&N executives, they will look for additional...