Style Manuals Sell Surprisingly Well
- I'm only a punter but... // Campaign (UK);03/26/99, Issue 12, p44
Criticizes advertisements that have grammatically incorrect scripts or tag lines. Example of a grammatically incorrect script.
- Resources from Eric. // Emergency Librarian;Sept/Oct91, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p70
Reviews articles and documents on cooperative planning to integrate information skills into the curriculum and flexible scheduling in the school library resource center. `A Guide on Research: A Guide to Developing Students'; `School Library Scheduling'; `In Making It Work. Media Skills in the...
- On Scholarly Writing. Yoder-Wise, Patricia S. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Oct2013, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p432
In this article, the author offers information on scholarly writing in context to the books of Margretta Madden Styles, former Dean of the University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio. She mentions that in scholarly writings prepositions also plays an important role. She discussed...
- SPLITTING IMAGE. Hopkins, Graham // Community Care;06/27/2002, Issue 1428, p45
Provides information on split infinitives. Background on conflicts regarding the splitting of infinitives; Details on the book 'Usage and Abusage,' by Eric Partridge; Examples of split infinitives.
- Brady's Bunch. Brady, James // Advertising Age;10/21/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 42, p50
The article reports on developments relevant to advertising and advertising agencies in the U.S. as of October 21, 2002. Key issues discussed include a promotion campaign for the "YM" magazine, criticisms against the television commercials for Coors Light and the book launched by fashion...
- SALES PROMOTION IDEA BOOK. Dirksen, Charles J.; Beach, Frank H. // Journal of Marketing;Oct50, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p253
The article reviews the book "Sales Promotion Idea Book."
- Execs learn to talk smart. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;4/11/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p43
The article states that though it's a gray, cold Saturday morning, but the Feltre School is warm and cozy. The aroma of coffee wafts from a first-floor sitting room to a second-floor conference room, where a small, casually dressed group sits at a table with Robert Ultimo, the River North...
- Inside Retail Sales Promotion and Advertising. // Marketing News;3/4/1983, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p3
The article reviews the book "Inside Retail Sales Promotion and Advertising," by Harry Spitzer and Richard Schwartz.
- PROMOTION: ADVERTISING, PUBLICITY, PERSONAL SELLING, SALES PROMOTION. Goodrich, William; Fletcher, Alan D. // Journal of Advertising;1983, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p47
This article presents a review of the book "Promotion: Advertising, Publicity, Personal Selling, Sales Promotion," by Richard E. Stanley.