Doubleday Hopes Bleachers Will Lead It to a Victorious Fall/Winter Season
- Guests of honor. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;1/17/97, Issue 362, p50
Discusses what it takes to be a good guest on a nighttime talk show. The talents of Tom Hanks and Bill Murray; The popularity of Yasmine Bleeth; The popularity of Albert Brooks and Bonnie Hunt; Others.
- Questioning the questioners. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;06/07/99, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the dilution of influence of Sunday morning news-talk shows in the United States. Superficiality of the television programs; Lack of hard-questioning interviews; Failure to predict the major stories of the upcoming week.
- Substance Abuse. Robbins, Alexandra // Washington Monthly;Jun2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p35
Focuses on the strategies used by celebrities in answering questions in a talk show. Sources of various topics discussed in the show; Effects of confession of ignorance on certain topics during the interview; Mistakes committed by several talk show hosts during their shows.
- You're going to be on TV! Ruberry, Brian // Association Management;Oct95, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p30
No abstract available.
- COUNSELING INSIDE/OUT. Wachowiak, Dale // Personnel & Guidance Journal;Nov77, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p135
Praises David Paradine Frost for his achievements as a professional interviewer. Comparison with other talk show hosts; Description of Frost's interview with former U.S. President Richard Nixon, which the author argues was more counseling than interviewing; Description of the interview...
- MAD DOG DAVE. // Entertainment Weekly;04/07/2000, Issue 534, p9
Presents a summary of scandalous interviews of David Letterman to his guest artists in his `The David Letterman Show' television program in United States.
- `Late'-blooming Yasmine. Radovsky, Vicki Jo // Entertainment Weekly;1/17/97, Issue 362, p51
Discusses the frequent success of Yasmine Bleeth on nighttime talk shows. Her appearance on `Late Night'with Conan O'Brien'; Her being asked to cohost the ABC special `Politically Incorrect's Greatest Hits'; Her advice on how to be a good guest.
- Be nice, the tape's rolling. Klepper, Michael // Public Relations Tactics;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p23
Comments on how several successful 1996 Olympic competitors and rivals conducted themselves during television interviews. Opportunity for the athletes to enhance their careers and attract product endorsements; Tension revealed in the body language of rivals Tom Dolan and Eric Namesnik; Gary...
- Facts, Though Stubborn, Can Be Ignored. Garvey, William // Business & Commercial Aviation;Aug2002, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p7
Comments on several television interviews concerning the aviation industry in the U.S. Criticism against the interview of two air pilots charged with drunkenness; Importance of keeping the record straight within the aviation; Appraisal on the way newscaster Connie Chung conducts an interview.