Despite Lingering Issues, Muni Firms Have Mostly Moved On
- Munis Firm a Bit; L.A. District Sets Deal. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/16/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 26, p10
The article focuses on the condition of the municipal market and businesses in Los Angeles, California. It mentions the continuous and gradual improvement of the municipal market due to the secondary trading activity. Furthermore, it also cites the role of the Build America Bonds (BAB) in...
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p20
Presents negotiated municipal bond sales results in the United States as of January 28, 1999. Includes ABAG Finance Authority for Nonprofit Corps; Harrison Community Schools; Suffolk County Industrial Development Agency.
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p26
Presents bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of February 1, 1999. Includes Saint Louis Park in Minnesota; Octorara Area School District in Pennsylvania; Sullivan County Health and Educational Facility Board in Tennessee.
- Northeast invisible supply. // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p34
Presents scheduled municipal bond sales in the United States in 1999. Includes Connecticut Housing Finance Authority; Maine Government Facilities Authority; New York Thruway Authority.
- Northeast bond-watch. Meisler, Daniel; Kruger, Daniel; Hoffman, David; Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p35
Reports on municipal bond-related developments in the United States as of February 1, 1999. Includes Delaware's planned sale of $100 million worth of general obligation bonds; New York State budget proposal authorizing the use of certificates of participation; Moody's Investors Service's...
- Lebenthal Issues Supplement on Post-Sept. 11 Risks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/15/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31243, p41
Reports the issuance of Lebenthal Funds Inc. of a supplement to the statement of additional information for its three municipal bond funds in New York, New York. Advise of a business partner at Paul, Hastings, Janofsky and Walker, Mike Rosella; Significance of the September 11, 2001 tragedy;...
- Muni Funds Hit On Several Levels. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p34
Reports the impact of the terrorist attacks on the municipal bond fund industry in the United States. Financial damage caused by the attacks; Detection of an economic recovery prior to the attacks; Bond performance of municipal bond issuers.
- Long-Term Volume Fell 20% in Sept. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p1
Reports the effect of the September 2001 terrorist attacks on the volume of long-term municipal bonds in the United States. Percentage decline in municipal bonds sold during the month; Reversal of the month-to-month trend of supply growth in the municipal bond market; Impact of the World Trade...
- Municipal Bond Prices Finish Firm; Market Begins Recovery From Attacks. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p2
Reports the effect of the September 2001 terrorist attacks on the municipal bond market in the United States. Closing price of municipal bonds; Significance of the first issuance on the bid for bonds; Limitation of the activity of traders due to the inconsistent demand from retail investors.