Voters in Winter Park, Fla., Approve $50M of Bonds to Buy Electrical Utility
- Progress Energy Restoration Efforts Counter Storm Debby Damage. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/27/2012, p1
The article reports that Progress Energy crews in Florida are continuing their restoration efforts to battle the effects of Tropical Storm Debby.
- Progress Initiates Transmission Line. // Transmission & Distribution World;Aug2004 Supplement, p7
This article reports that Progress Energy Inc. (Progress) is clearing rights-of-way for construction of a new 36-mile transmission line between its Darlington County Power Plant and an existing substation in Florence, South Carolina, U.S. The 36-miIe route required acquisition of 100 feet of new...
- Progress Energy to Install 2.7 Million Itron Solid-State, AMR Equipped Meters. // Transmission & Distribution World;Sep2005, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p18
Reports on Itron Inc.'s signing of a contract with Progress Energy to replace traditional electromechanical residential meters with Itron's CENTRON solid-state, high-accuracy electricity meters equipped with Itron's embedded automated meter reading (AMR) technology. Benefits of using the CENTRON...
- Utility Estimates $21 Million Savings with AMR Deployment. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jun2007, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the completion of Itron Inc.'s automated meter reading (AMR) deployment in North America for Progress Energy Corp. in 2007. More than 2.7 million electromechanical meters were replaced with the company's AMR-equipped CENTRON solid-state meter. The AMR-equipped CENTRON...
- Hurricane Restoration at Its Finest. Parson, Ellen // Transmission & Distribution World;Aug2005, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on electric utility Progress Energy's success in allocating resources, executing a priority response restoration plan and communicating accurate information to its customers, by following its comprehensive storm management plan during the 2004 hurricane season in Florida. Background on...
- Progress Energy Selects G/Technology to Merge Systems, Streamline Work. // Utility Automation & Engineering T&D;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p16
Reports that Progress Energy Corp. has selected Intergraph Corp.'s G/Technology to upgrade and merge disparate amplitude modulation/frequency modulation and geographic information systems within its two electric utilities in the U.S. Capability of the centralized system to improve data access...
- Duke and Progress agree to plug into one other. // Business North Carolina;Feb2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p30
The article reports on Duke Energy Corp.'s acquisition of Progress Energy Inc. to create the largest electric utility in the U.S., with Duke chief executive officer (CEO) Jim Rogers as the new company's executive chairman and Progress CEO Bill Johnson as president and CEO.
- Progress to Install 2.7 Million AMR Meters in Florida, Carolinas. // Utility Automation & Engineering T&D;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p10
Reports that Progress Energy Corp. has entered into a contract with Itron Inc. to replace traditional electromechanical residential with Itron's Centron solid-state electricity meters equipped with Itron's embedded automated meter reading (AMR) technology. Amount of the contract; Completion...
- Progress Energy implements on-line distribution fault location. Barnes, Scott; Peterson, William; Chen, Jianlin // Electric Light & Power;Oct2002, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the implementation of an on-line distribution fault location system by Progress Energy at their Raleigh Distribution Control Center in North Carolina. Reason for the implementation; Advantages of the system; Application of the system.