House Passes $7.9B D.C. Spending Bill, Including $10M for Vouchers
- Bankrupt San Bernardino Passes Pre-Pendency Budget. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;9/10/2011, Vol. 121 Issue 33779, p1
The article informs that the City Council in San Bernardino, California has approved a pre-pendency plan that outlines 22 million U.S. dollars in spending cuts. It mentions that the plan will leave a 16.4 million U.S. dollars projected deficit for this fiscal year. It also informs that the...
- SPENDING BILL FINALLY PASSES. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p10
Reports that U.S. House and Senate have passed an omnibus spending bill that funds all the federal nondefense activities. Benefits of the bill to construction funding; Reason why state highway agencies are delaying contract lettings prior to approval of the bill; Highway funds allotted in the bill.
- Airline & Travel News - Airline News: Abu Dhabi Pre-clearance Facility Is Included In Spending Bill. // AirGuide Online.com;2/17/2014, p3
The article reports on the opposition by airlines to a proposed omnibus spending bill that includes funding for a customs pre-clearance facility at the Abu Dhabi airport in the United Arab Emirates.
- Lawmakers OK California Budget; Major Issues Still to Be Addressed. SASKAL, RICH // Bond Buyer;3/21/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33485, p4
The article reports on the adoption of the budget bill for fiscal year 2012 by the California Legislature along with the postponement of the decisions required by the plan.
- How HUD's 'Disaster Plan' Will Affect Your Funding. // Assisted Housing Alert;May2013, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p33
The article discusses how the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will manage funding of the Section 8 Project Based Rental Assistance Program (PBRA) under sequestration cuts imposed by 2013 fiscal year. It outlines HUD's plan which includes the renewal of all Section 8...
- Government raises marketing budget to Â£289 million. Montgomery, Angus // Design Week (Online Edition);5/13/2014, p5
The article reports on the move of the British government to increase the budget of its Parliament to Â¤285 million. It mentions that the budget allocated is significantly lower from that spent during the fiscal year 2009-2010 through the scrapped Central Office of Information. It also...
- NEW JERSEY: Corzine Urges Restraint. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;11/9/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33213, p9
The article reports on the move of outgoing Governor Jon Corzine of New Jersey to urge legislative bodies to hold the submission of any measures that would increase spending during the remainder of his term. It notes that Corzine has reiterated his plan to keep expenditures in line with...
- House Passes $463 Billion Spending Plan for Fiscal 2007. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32559, p6
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. House of a $463 billion spending package for the remainder of the 207 fiscal year. The package includes the increasing of budget for highway construction, transit programs, and rental housing programs. According to the author, the approval of the...
- Observations on the Office of Personnel Management's Fiscal Year 1999 Performance Report and Fiscal Year 2001 Performance Plan: GGD-00-156R. // GAO Reports;6/30/2000, p1
Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO reviewed the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) fiscal year (FY) 1999 performance report and FY 2001 performance plan required by the Government Performance and Results Act. GAO noted that: (1) OPM made limited progress toward the federal government...