Amendment Grab Bag Could Give Texas More Bond Opportunities
- A WELCOME OUTSTAYED. Robinson, Simon // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/8/2006, Issue 18, p19
The article reports that parliamentarians of the National Assembly of Nigeria are not united to change the constitution of the country to allow President Olusegun Obasanjo, who was elected in 1999, to run for a third four-year term in 2007. President's backers argue that only Obasanjo, has the...
- N.Y.C.'s plan for state amendment on debt cap gets mixed reviews. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30399, p1
Focuses on the reaction by financial analysts and legislators to the proposed amendment to New York State's Constitution to revise the way its debt cap is computed. Features of the proposal; Estimated aggregate personal income of the city for 1998; Comment by John Hallacy, managing director of...
- Washington's Push to Lower Debt Limit Runs into Opposition. JENSEN, RANDALL // Bond Buyer;5/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33511, p7
The article reports on the political barrier on the push for a constitutional amendment to reduce Washington's debt limit in 2011.
- ARKANSAS: AG Stands by Amendment. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/12/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33396, p9
The article reports on the claim of the chief lawyer in Arkansas that the proposed constitutional amendment that raises the interest rate limit of public debt is correctly titled and is compatible with the statutory provisions.
- Editor's Introduction. Trochev, Alexei // Statutes & Decisions: The Laws of the USSR & Its Successor State;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p4
No abstract available.
- Constitutional amendments to be decided Nov. 3. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/28/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p1
The article offers information about the constitutional amendment election in Hill County, Texas.
- N.Y. constitutional amendment for debt reform a possibility this year. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/12/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30806, p32
Focuses on proposed constitutional amendments aimed at debt reform in New York state. Practices needing control according to state officials; Statement from Governor George Pataki.
- LA REFORMA DE LA CONSTITUCIÃ“N FINANCIERA ALEMANA. EN PARTICULAR, EL NUEVO LÃMITE AL ENDEUDAMIENTO DE LA FEDERACIÃ“N Y LOS LÃ„NDER. González, Eva María Cordero // Teoria y Realidad Constitucional;2012, Issue 29, p289
After the reform of the article 135 of the Spanish Constitution, to give constitutional status to the balanced budget principle and the public debt limits, this paper offers a comparative study with the equivalent rule of the German Constitution, as amended in 2009. The study explains the main...
- DE LA CONSTITUCION Â«IRREFORMABLEÂ» A LA REFORMA CONSTITUCIONAL Â«EXPRÃ‰SÂ». Aguilar, Juan Fernando Lopez // Teoria y Realidad Constitucional;2012, Issue 29, p199
From the viewpoint of comparative constitutional law, the 1978 Spanish Constitution happens to be one of the most rigid. Its Title X provides with two constitutional reform procedures, both characterized by the need of wide parliamentary majorities (3/5, simplified reform; 2/3, aggravated...