Rebuilding Manhattan Housing, Transit Hubs Fuel WTC Areas Revival
- The 9/11 Attack on America and Lessons on How to Rebuild a Mixed-Use Business District. Froehlich, Richard M. // Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law;2013, Vol. 21 Issue 3/4, p335
The article discusses the impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on housing and community economic development in the country and analyzes how to rebuild a mixed-use business district after the terrorist attacks. It examines the effects of the attack at the site of the...
- JFK link will build downtown. // Crain's New York Business;6/7/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p8
The signs that downtown is being rebuilt after the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks are many and uplifting. The first new office tower, 7 World Trade Center, is rising swiftly and will be followed by a second, the Freedom Tower. Plans for a memorial proceed apace, and...
- New New York. Hamill, Pete // National Geographic;Dec2015, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p82
The article discusses transformation of New York in past eight years. Topics discussed include construction of the World Trade Center Transportation Hub by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, construction of the ice skating park LeFrak Center at Lakeside in Brooklyn, and construction of a...
- PM Modi to Stay at President's Official Guest House. // India -- West;9/26/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 45, pA18
No abstract available.
- BRUGG LIFTING WORKS WITH THYSSENKRUPP ELEVATOR. // Elevator World;Nov2011, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p32
The article reports that ThyssenKrupp Elevator and Brugg Lifting will supply and install elevators and parts at the World Trade Center Tower in New York City.
- Opera plan gains backers. Lentz, Philip; Souccar, Miriam Kreinin // Crain's New York Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports the proposal of Brookfield Financial Properties to conduct the New York City Opera in a cultural arts complex in or near the World Trade Center. Feasibility study on how to finance the project; Aims to diversify downtown's economic base; Advocation of cultural anchor at the heart of a...
- Firefighters Call Woman Rescued In World Trade Center Disaster Their 'Guardian Angel.' // Jet;10/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 18, p13
Focuses on Josephine Harris, who was rescued from the World Trade Center by fire fighters, and how her slow pace enabled the group to escape from being crushed by the tower when it collapsed.
- A Mosque Near Ground Zero? // Junior Scholastic;9/20/2010, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p2
The article presents information on the stir created by plans of building an Islamic cultural center near the site of the World Trade Center in New York City, which was destroyed by Islamic terrorists on September 11, 2003.
- WTC sublease offered. // Crain's New York Business;8/28/95, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p1
Reports on Bank of America's subleasing of 190,000 square feet at the World Trade Center in New York City. Area leased by the bank at the trade center since the bombing in 1993.
- Mementos of a tragedy. Clubb, Shawn // North County Journal;9/7/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 36, pA1
The article cites the remnants from the World Trade Center's twin towers attacked on September 11, 2001 that has been sought after by area groups such as the City of Arnold in Missouri and the Museum of ImaJewnation.