Children in Wales find stronger voice
- Children 'must have a voice on health' // Community Practitioner;Mar2012, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the promotion of 15 organisations, including the Children's Society, Early Childhood Forum, and Barnardo's, on the Great Britain government to assure that children are heard when it comes to shaping the health service's future.
- Nurses launch `Casualty of the Day' campaign. // AHA News;09/30/96, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p5
Reports that consumer advocates and nurses backing the Patient Protection Act have launched a campaign to reveal stories of patients who have been denied needed treatment by health organizations.
- Willing to Be A Patient's Advocate. // Tzu Chi Nursing Journal;2012, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p42
No abstract available.
- Are there limits to patient advocacy? P.G.O.'C. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p158
Answers the question regarding the limitations to patient advocacy. Three-way relationship between doctors, patients, and managed-care plans; Principle of informed consent; Physician's role in guiding the patient's decision making.
- CheneyCare For All. DeMoro, Rose Ann // Registered Nurse: Journal of Patient Advocacy;Dec2007, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p9
The author reflects on the rights of the patients to be entitled to receive first-class healthcare in the U.S. such as those given to politicians like Vice President Dick Cheney. She argues against the veto on children's health funding created by the Bush administration in response to healthcare...
- APHA members support public health through PHACT campaign. Late, Michele // Nation's Health;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the public health support given by members of the American Public Health Association (APHA) through its legislative advocacy campaign. APHA members helped drive home the importance of adequate public health funding, the State Children's Health Insurance Program and other...
- Planning tool offers 'no nonsense' advice in healthcare settings. // Paediatric Nursing;Nov2009, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p9
No abstract available.
- APHA supports vision care, SCHIP funds. Krisberg, Kim // Nation's Health;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p2
The article focuses on a letter sent by the American Public Health Association to Senator Christopher Dodd in support of comprehensive eye care services in the School-Based Health Clinic Establishment Act. The bill would help develop school health clinics and provide comprehensive health care...
- Take advantage of opportunities to reduce ED violence, recidivism among children and young adults. // ED Management;May2013, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p49
The article focuses on the evidence that Emergency department (ED) based interventions to reduce ED violence, and producing the greatest reduction in recidivism possible among children as well as in younger adults. A Violence Intervention Advocacy Program (VIAP) was launched at Boston Medical...