Kramer to Be Acting SIA General Counsel
- G-18 wants more formal structure. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;08/02/99, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the formal announcement of the creation of G-18, a group of 18 of the world's largest banks and broker-dealers, as the European Securities Industry User Group with a more legal structure. Group's alternative structures; Group's funding program; Original members; Membership policy;...
- DTC, Latin American Depositories Form Association. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;09/13/99, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p7
Reports that several Latin American countries and the United States have formed the Americas Central Securities Depositories Association, a regional organization of central securities depositories. Names of depositories included in the organization; Committees formed by the organization.
- PITTSBURGH STOCK & BOND ASSOCIATION. // Traders Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 288, p88
Several photographs from the Pittsburgh Stock and Bond Association annual summer outing, held on July 17-18, 2008, are presented.
- Canadian Trade Group Seeks Automation of Recalls. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;2/24/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the automation of recall process of securities lending and borrowing transactions by Canadian Capital Markets Association. Reasons for the automation of the recall process; Use of Canadian Depository for Securities for transactions.
- SIA Says Breakpoint Woes Are Operations Related. // On Wall Street;Mar2003, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p30
Reveals that the breakpoint problem in sales overcharges is operational according to the Securities Industry Association. Importance of reviewing breakpoint procedures; Institutions with which SIA is working.
- Canada Eyes Move To T+1 Settlement. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;10/16/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the Canadian securities industry's plans to reduce the number of days it takes to settle a trade in a move to cut risk and harmonize its market with the United States. Target date of implementation; Canadian Capital Markets Association's involvement in efforts to reduce the period of...
- Canada Moves Closer to T+1 Schedule. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;4/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the preparation of the Canadian securities industry with the Canadian Capital Markets Association for the one-day settlement (T+1) program. Costs of achieving the T+1; Controversy on the creation of the T+1; Governance structure of CCMA for T+1.
- Canada's T+1 Plans. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;11/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p1
Reports on alternative models for improving institutional trade matching to meet a one-day settlement cycle in Canada. Move up to shorter settlement; Recommendations of the institutional trade processing committee of the Canadian Capital Markets Association.
- SIA DROPS LEVEL ONE MATCHES. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;5/26/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p1
A Securities Industry Association's (SIA) committee has modified its central trade matching model for U.S. trades. The Institutional Trade Oversight Committee, which oversees two separate SIA working groups: a business practices and matching implementation working group and a codes of practice...