Municipal Bond Elections
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;5/25/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32140, p14
The article presents the table of the U.S. municipal bond elections involving $500,000 or more and dates when voters are scheduled to cast their ballots.
- Ballot Recommendations. // La Prensa San Diego;10/10/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p6
No abstract available.
- Brown Gets What He Wanted: California Water and Budget Measures. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;11/7/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F343, p1
California Gov. Jerry Brown easily won re-election while persuading voters to approve two ballot measures with municipal market implications.
- ARIZONA: Bond Ballot in Peril. Williamson, Ricahrd // Bond Buyer;3/18/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32838, p9
The article reports that Prima County, Arizona officials will decide on whether it will put the proposed $750 million municipal bond in the November 2008 presidential ballot. County officials worried that voters will be too frustrated by the time they reach the end of the four-page ballot to...
- Election results. // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p22
Highlights the results of bonds ballots in various United States municipalities as of August 8, 1998. Includes voters' approval of bond funding in Tarrant County, Texas; Ohio voters' rejection of proposed funding scheme for Jackson Center and Teays Valley improvements.
- West Virginia county girds for ballot battle. Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p2
Focuses on the preparation of Kanawha County, West Virginia Board of Education for a $98 million bond ballot battle. Efforts to beat back an anti-tax group's campaign to stop a school construction initiative; Demographic shift that has caused the significant enrollment decline in the county's...
- Measure making California school bonds easier nears petition process. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p3
Reports that petitioners hoping to lower the approval threshold for school bond referendums in California to a simple majority are seeking to qualify their ballot request for signatures in the week of April 27, 1999. Defeated and approved school bond elections in the state from 1989 to 1998;...
- Growing Phoenix Suburb to Put $70M GO Bond Package Before Voters in May. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32608, p7
The article reports that Phoenix, Arizona voters are set to vote for the largest-ever general obligation bond authorization with a five-part, $70 million proposition on the May 15, 2007 ballot. The measure calls for $20 million for roads and streets, $17 million for general government...
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p36
Provides information on municipal bond elections held in November 2001 in the U.S. Details on schedule of elections.