California Assembly OKs Vote on Higher Bridge Tolls
- Workplace Religious Freedom Act Passes Calif. Assembly. Sohrabji, Sunita // India -- West;6/8/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 29, pA4
The article presents information on the passing of a bill that protects religiously-mandated clothing and headwear at the workplace from the California state Assembly on May 29, 2012.
- Grateful Dead: 17200 Legislation. Cziborr, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;9/29/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the rejection of a legislation that sought to revamp the Business and Professions Code 17200 by the Assembly in Sacramento, California. Lawsuits filed against small businesses; Reform of the legislation; Support of local politicians to the business community.
- Calif. Bill Aims to Expand Religious Accommodation at Work. SOHRABJI, SUNITA // India -- West;3/9/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 16, pA27
The article offers information related to the introduction of new bill in the California State Assembly which works for expansion of religious accommodation at work.
- Energy-efficient tires legislation has some dealers quaking in Calif. Moore, Miles // Tire Business;6/9/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
A bill passed by the California Assembly requiring the use of energy-efficient replacement tires in the state may affect the tire industry, sources said. It would order the State Energy Resources Conservation and Development Commission to develop a statewide fuel efficiency program for...
- Calif. bills target ship waste. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;9/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p3
Three members of the California Assembly are calling on the U.S. Senate to pass three bills regulating cruise ship pollution along the California coast. Assemblymen Joe Simitian, George Nakano and John Laird, authored three bills that passed the Assembly in June. The bills are aimed at...
- Copper-based Boat Paint Ban Closer to Passage. Gerlinger, Louis // Log Newspaper;7/8/2011, Issue 898, p15
The article reports that the California Assembly's Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials Committee has approved the bill that will ban the sale of new recreation boats with copper-based antifouling paint on their hulls by 2015 and the application of such on existing pleasureboats.
- California farmers may get GM protection. Oliver, Hilary // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Mar2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the bill introduced by the California Assembly on January 2008. The bill provides a contamination testing control as well as shields non-genetically modified (GM) farmers in the state against liability from seed companies for unintentional contamination. However, Center...
- Tolerance for Religious Daggers. // Airport Security Report;9/23/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that a bill before the California Assembly would require law enforcement officers to undergo education and sensitivity training regarding small daggers carried by faithful Sikhs as part of their religion. The daggers, known as kirpans, are one of the five articles of faith...
- November Is Sikh Awareness. Appreciation Month. // India -- West;11/9/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 51, pA32
The article informs that the state legislature of California has passed the legislative bill Resolution 97 that declared November 2012 as Sikh Awareness and Appreciation month.