NAST Withholds Support of GASB-Funding Plan
- Settlement In Spokane IRS Case. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p1
The article reports that Spokane, Washington-based Downtown Foundation has settled the Internal Revenue Service's audit of a controversial series of bonds sold in 1998 to finance the infamous River Park Square Project. The tax settlement has been issued by the foundation to build the...
- California Redevelopment Group Sues Over $350 Million Fund Shift. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/8/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33018, p3
The article reports on the filing of a lawsuit by the California Redevelopment Association challenging a $350 million shift from redevelopment agencies to the state government. It argues that the transfer of redevelopment funds violates state constitutional language that authorized the creation...
- Airport Executives Association Eyes Federal Aid for Industry. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;9/4/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32954, p4
The article provides information on the report released by the energy and air service task force of the American Association of Airport Executives in the U.S. It suggests the need for the federal government to adopt bond-related policy changes and emergency provisions to keep the airport...
- APPA Wants CREB Allocations to Be on Project-by-Project Basis. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p3
Reports on the recommendations by the American Public Power Association for clean renewable energy bonds (CREB) to be dispensed on a project-by-project basis. Background information on the CREB program; Provisions of the law on issuance of tax-credit bonds by nonprofit utilities in the U.S.;...
- Troubled Houston Stadium Bonds Near Payoff. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/11/2014, Vol. 123 Issue F315, p1
The article reports that the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority, Texas has planned to offer final payment on 125 million dollars of variable rate bonds in May 2014. Topics discussed include the creation of National Public Finance Guarantee Corp., the ratings offered to the sport authority by...
- The Fair vs. the Ridge: think jobs & tourists. Woods, Dick // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, pA26
Focuses on two organizations that need additional funding from the Chelan County Commission in Washington. Chelan County Fair's need to revitalize old buildings; Benefit of Mission Ridge to the county; Expansion of the Mission Ridge as a local ski area.
- Spain to Consolidate Settlement Systems. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;10/09/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p16
Focuses on the role of Iberclear in creating a depository to process equities and debt instruments in Spain. List of organization members; Responsibilities of the Bank of Spain in settling government bonds; Changes needed in the legislation and operating systems of depositories.
- Credit Calendar. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p46
Presents a calendar of events in the public finance sector in the U.S. as of November 2001. Venue of the annual conference of the Association for Governmental Leasing & Finance; Schedule of the Inaugural National Public Finance Conference of the Bond Buyer; Contact information.
- Albany Trust given $600. // Advocate;6/7/72, Issue 87, p11
Reports that the oldest British organization, Albany Trust has announced its receipt of a grant from the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.