- Haights Cross Leverages Test Prep Publisher EDI Into Skillspower.com. // Electronic Education Report;08/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p6
Reports that educational and professional publisher Haights Cross Communications Inc. has launched a business, called Skillspower.com to provide test preparation materials through the Internet, CD-ROM and in-service training.
- Partnerships and Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p7
Presents an update on partnerships and acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the United States as of November 5, 2001, which include the licensing agreement between Haights Cross Communications and Simon & Schuster.
- Haights Cross Extends Tender Deadline Again. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/20/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p27
The article reports on the decision of Haights Cross Communications to again extend the deadline for its bond exchange offer to July 20, 2009 from July 13, 2009. According to the White Plains, New York-based educational publishing company, it remains in the same position it has been since the...
- Haights Cross' School Sales Basically Flat in 2006 in Soft Market. // Educational Marketer;3/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p3
The article focuses on the financial performance of White Plains, New York-based Haights Cross Communications as of the fourth quarter of 2006. As reported, revenue from its K-12 school sales of supplementary, test prep and intervention products decreased by 3.6 percent to $23.8 million during...
- Post- Recapitalization, Haights Cross Considers Strategic Alternatives. // Educational Marketer;9/3/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the strategic decisions considered by White Plains, New York-based Haights Cross Communications Inc. to survive its business. The company decided to sell the K-12 Supplemental Educational Publishing unit, Sundance/Newbridge, where revenue has been in freefall for more than...
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/ 4/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p7
The article offers news briefs related to educational publishing in the U.S. Iclicker signs an exclusive K-12 distribution agreement with Educational Resources to expand penetration of the iclicker student response system. Recorded Books of Haights Cross Communications released two books in the...
- People... // Educational Marketer;3/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p8
Explains that White Plains, New York-based K-12 supplemental and library publisher Haights Cross named Linda Koons executive vice president and publisher. Reporting to chairman and chief executive officer Peter Quandt; Executive positions at Scholastic; Consulting work in education and...
- Powered By Triumph Learning, Haights Cross Ed. Pub. Grows 6.6%. // Educational Marketer;4/5/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p4
Test prep publisher Triumph Learning drove revenue growth of 6.6% in 2003 for the Educational Publishing Group at Haights Cross Communications Inc. in White Plains, New York, though the company is expecting only flat results in 2004. Attesting to the vitality in the assessment market, Triumph...
- K-12 Supplemental, Higher Education E-Learning Shows Improvement In First Half Of 2004. // Educational Marketer;8/16/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the financial results of educational publishing companies in the U.S. as of the first semester of 2004. Factors augmenting the profit growth of eCollege.com; Decline in the revenue incurred by Reed Elsevier PLC; Total profit generated by Haights Cross Communications Inc.