R&L Most Active Acquirer Among College Textbook Publishers
- Small and Growing, Rowman and Littlefield Adds Collegiate Press. // Educational Marketer;9/15/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the acquisition of San Diego, California-based Collegiate Press by Lanham, Maryland-based college textbook publisher Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group. Growth of the company revenues through its various publications and acquisitions; Types of textbook published by the company;...
- Rowman & Littlefield Makes Four Buys. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/11/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 50, p14
Presents a list of small publishers acquired by Rowman & Littlefield which were added to its publishing roster. Madison House Publishers Inc.; General Hall Inc.; Acquisition of all rights and inventory to Esselmont Book's bestselling book `Pittsburgh: The Story of an American City.'
- R&L in Niche Buy. // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the purchase of NCUP Inc. by U.S. publishing company Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group in 2003. Details of the purchase.
- Rowman & Littlefield Buys Burnham. // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the acquisition of Burnham Publishers by Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group (R&L). Books published by Burnham; Advantage of the acquisition to R&L.
- Rowman & Littlefield Buys Sheed & Ward. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 28, p14
Announces the acquisition of the U.S. assets of Sheed & Ward by Rowman & Littlefield (R&L). History of Sheed & Ward; Comments from Jey Lyons, R&L president; Authors on the Sheed & Ward backlist.
- R&L Makes College Purchase. // Publishers Weekly;9/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 35, p17
Reports on the acquisition of the assets of Collegiate Press by the Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group. Significance of the acquisition to Collegiate Press.
- R&L in Sports Purchase. // Publishers Weekly;10/15/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the acquisition of Diamond Communications Inc. by Rowman & Littlefield (R&L) Publishing Group in 2001. Services provided by Diamond; Advantage of the purchase for R&L.
- Rowman & Littlefield Closes Plymbridge Deal. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 48, p9
Reports on the removal of the obstacles that delayed Rowman & Littlefield's acquisition of the assets of bankrupt British distributor Plymbridge. Issue that had been delaying the deal; Comments from Rowman & Littlefield COO Irv Myers.
- New Owner to Rebuild Sundance/Newbridge. // Educational Marketer;9/15/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the planned investment of academic and college publisher Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group Inc. of Lanham, Maryland in its sales and marketing aimed at rebuilding K-12 supplemental reading publisher Sundance/Newbridge Educational Publishing. The company agreed to give...