Interarticulator Coordination in Dysarthria: An X-ray Microbeam Study
- Perception of Coarticulatory Information in Normal Speech and Dysarthria. Tjaden, Kris; Sussman, Joan // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2006, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p888
Purpose: This study addressed three research questions: (a) Can listeners use anticipatory vowel information in prevocalic consonants produced by talkers with dysarthria to identify the upcoming vowel? (b) Are listeners sensitive to interspeaker variation in anticipatory coarticulation during...
- Erratum. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec2007, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p1652
Corrections to the article "Effects of Intensive Voice Treatment (the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment [LSVT]) on Vowel Articulation in Dysarthric Individuals With Idiopathic Parkinson Disease: Acoustic and Perceptual Findings," that was published in a 2007 issue are presented.
- PLS or ALS? Rubin, Michael // Neurology Alert;Apr2007, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p58
CAN ONE, EARLY ON, DIFFERENTIATE PRIMARY LATERAL sclerosis (PLS) from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)? To address this question, retrospective review of PLS (n = 43) and ALS (n = 661) patients seen at the Motor Neuron Disease Clinic at the University of Western Ontario, between 1990-2006,...
- The Effect of Target-Selection Strategy on Phonological Learning. Rvachew, Susan; Nowak, Michele // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun2001, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p610
Presents information on a study which examined the effect of target-selection strategy on phonological learning. Methodology; Results of the study; Discussion.
- Dynamic aspects of lower lip movement in Parkinsonian and neurologically normal geriatric... Forrest, Karen; Weismer, Gary // Journal of Speech & Hearing Research;Apr95, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p260
Evaluates the lower lip/jaw movement for parkinsonian dysarthric and age-matched, neurologically normal speakers during the production of alternating stress contrasts. Comparison across groups for stressed and unstressed syllables; Relation between each discrete and dynamic kinematic parameter...
- A Preliminary Study of Factors Influencing Perception of Articulatory Rate in Parkinson Disease. Tjaden, Kris // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2000, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p997
Presents information on a preliminary study of factors influencing perception of articulatory rate in idiopathic Parkinson disease (PD). Speech samples of idiopathic PD; Methodology of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- An Acoustic Study of Coarticulation in Dysarthric Speakers With Parkinson Disease. Tjaden, Kris // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1466
Presents information on a study which examined anticipatory vowel coarticulation in dysarthic speakers with Parkinson's disease. Speech sample and speaking task; Acoustic analysis; Results.
- Editorial. Aparecida Capellini, Simone // Revista CEFAC;jul-ago2013, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p747
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the evaluation of the satisfaction of hearing aid users, phonological disorder, and phonological awareness and phonological development in children.
- Unified Treatment Recommendations: A Response to Rvachew and Nowak (2001). Morrisette, Michele L.; Gierut, Judith A. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Apr2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p382
Comments on a study which investigated the treatment of complex targets results in system-wide changes in phonological acquisition. Examination of the role of a child's productive phonological knowledge in generalization learning; Information on productive phonological knowledge; Combinatorial...