Are Kids MEAN?
- Bullying. Zirkel, Perry A. // Principal;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p64
The article presents a case study of a third grade student at Duquesne Elementary School in Duquesne, Pennsylvania, who reportedly faced bullying in his school. The responses of the school principal to the incidents are evaluated. The results of a survey are presented, which concluded that half...
- PREVENTING BULLYING. ZUBRZYCKI, JACLYN // Education Week;9/28/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses school bullying prevention, adapted from the report "Outcomes From a School-Randomized Controlled Trial of Steps to Respect: A School Bullying Prevention Program," by the Social Development Research Group, to be published in the Fall 2011 journal "School Psychology Review."
- Sikh Kids Report Harassment to OC Commission. // India -- West;9/23/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 44, pA10
The article reports on the research conducted by Orange County (OC) Human Relations Commission in California on school bullying which discovered that 55% of American Sikh reported being harrassed or bullied more than once.
- Children's low test scores may be related to bullying. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Oct2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on a study presented at the 119th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association which found that high schools with a significant bullying issue have a negative effect on student test scores.
- The Bully Problem. Wilson, Amy // World & I;Sep2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
The article addresses the problem of bullying in schools in the U.S. Since the 1980s, a wave of scientific research has repeatedly documented the harmful and lasting impact of bullying among youth. Researchers have found clear evidence that bullying, long thought to be a benign rite of passage,...
- BULLYING. SPARKS, SARAH D. // Education Week;6/15/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p5
The article discusses "Victimization, Aggression, and Visits to the School Nurse for Somatic Complaints, Illnesses, and Physical Injuries," a study by University of Kansas researcher Eric Vernberg regarding the correlation between school bullying incidents and student trips to see the school nurse.
- BULLYING. // Education Week;11/3/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on "The Ethics of American Youth: 2010" survey released by the Josephson Institute of Ethics which shows statistics on students who have bullied a peer or have been bullied themselves.
- Schools: Bullying. Coryton, Demitri; Grimmett, Helen; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michel; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Mar2008, Issue 17, p217
The article highlights a debate among members of the British Parliament regarding bullying in schools in Great Britain. Lord Morris of Manchester, England asked the government on the action it is taking to address the implications of MENCAP's research finding that 8 out of 10 students with...
- Project to understand bullying of SEN children. // Children & Young People Now;9/21/2010, p31
The article focuses on a project by the Anti-Bullying Alliance (ABA) that aims to research and respond to the bullying of children with special education needs (SEN) or disabilities in schools in Great Britain.